Chapter 3

I woke up to the sound of the boat creaking loudly like it always dose and rolled my head to see Archer sitting up eating like there’s no tomorrow. I smiled and slowly sat up and grew dizzy every time I tried to get more comfortable. Jay came down with a small plate of food “Oh good you’re up.” Jay said as she handed me the food. “How long have I been sleeping?” I asked sort of worried “Well not very long I suppose around three days.” My eyes widened “Three days!” I exclaimed but I instantly felt dizzy; Jay helped me into a comfortable position.

“All you need to do right now is sit back and relax, you did great out there, you really kicked butt!” Jay said, I smiled. She always knew how to cheer me up “So just eat and stay in bed.” Jay said simply, waved farewell and climbed up the ladder to the main deck. I sat there a couple of minutes eating the food that was placed in front of me. I looked over at Archer who was done inhaling his food and looking straight back. “So what were you doing on a ship anyway?” I asked. Archers face darkened “The King of the humans and since you’re a human then the King of you had turned our half-sorcerers against us and they worked in numbers trying to wipe us out.”

My eyes widened “The exact same thing happened at our village.” I replied “My father…” I couldn’t go on; I closed my eyes holding back tears “It’s okay mine to, he was trying to protect me and died trying.”  Archer said in a soothing tone I felt a sense of comfort and the tears were gone I opened my eyes to look at him, his face was loving and kind I smiled then realized I had been staring for a little bit too long. I looked back up at the wooden celling I felt sort of bubbly which made me feel stupid what was happening!?!

“So how long have you been at sea?” I asked trying to keep the conversation alive and moving. “More than six months.” Archer replied darkly “What was it like to live in the forest?” I asked curiously, he looked over at me his smile returned “It was always interesting, in the night you could hear the creatures in the distance and in the morning we would either go work in our garden, study for stuff, or hunt and that would go on with an occasional surprise here and there. What was your life like?” He asked “Well most of it was practice, practice, practice and the rest is eating and boring announcements form the king’s caller.” I said in a bored tone. Archer smiled and laughed “Sounds interesting it must have been great fun to hear obey- the- king- or- die speeches!” I laughed and smiled.

Archer was smiling strait back at me are eyes sort of locked and there was only us. I saw him inch forward but what was I supposed to do I felt paralyzed and found myself lean forward too. We were inches away I could feel his soft warm breath on my face. The ship tipped a little from a wave and made me miss Archer’s face completely and sort of launch myself at the metal frame of then small bed and whack my forehead against it. I started to see stars and feel my cheeks burn red of embarrassment.

 “Alison!” Archer exclaimed “Yes.” My words were slurred as I tried to regain focus but for right now I saw at least three Archers at once. I saw his finger touch my forehead and the sharp pain was gone, I blinked a couple of times and could see clearly. Archer’s ears were pink and he had a worried look on his face “Are you okay?” He asked “Yes but I’m just a bit sleepy.” I replied Archer helped me back into bed and as if a force was over me I went to sleep.

Archer’s POV

Once Alison was asleep I wacked myself with a pillow “Why Archer must you be so stupid she’s a human bad match! You also made her have some sort of brain dysfunction! What would your family say? How would you break up with Bliss?” I groaned; I forgot all about Bliss the girl I NEED to marry so the normal Elves and the “out casts” could live together. I sighed and tried to look at the positive side, maybe she died…wait that is not a bright side! Or is it? I laid back down on my bed and looked up at the wooden ceiling trying to get my thoughts organized. I eventually dozed off…

Alison’s POV  

I woke up to Archer’s voice “Alison, wake up.” I sat up and rubbed me eyes “What is it?” I asked a little concerned. Jay climbed down the ladder “Come on!” She exclaimed Archer grabbed my hand and pulled me out on to the main deck. “Look really close to the north.” Archer said, I squinted my eyes and saw something. It was land.   

**********************************************************

So I tried to add suspence! Hope you liked it! :)