A strange gift

I don't know where to go .. But i kept walking. Firstly i have to go far from my house.Thats the only thing on my mind while i  was walking. I came to halt  in the resturant after one hour of walking.  I made my mind to eat something there. I don't have much money with me. But it is enough to satisfy my needs for one week. I have to find some job before my money started to bite my hands. 

Though it is six  in the morning there is a busy crowd in the resturant.But there is no one at my age . I don't want anybody to notice my presence so i took a dark corner table in the resturant. I ordered one ham burger and diet coke. I keep my head down so i don't want to face other's glare at me. I find waitress is standing next me and watching me. I motioned her to put my order in the table but she stand still. I slowly take my eyes from the resturant floor to find what she is doing standing next to me.She is 6 foot tall. Had a skinny structure like me. Her hair has curls that falls over her face.She is standind in dark so i cannot clearly tell about her facial feature. 

"hi"she said " Happy birthday" she told me

"hoooooo wwwww did you know about my birthday"  No one in the world no about my birthday . I don't have a knowledge of sharing my birthday date with anyone. How the hell she know about my birthday. She watches me closely. 

"You are an Indian..Am i right?" She asked me 

This is my another problem.From my coffee colour skin anyone can tell i am from India. I am not surprised about her. But how did she know my birthday date.She felt my fear and told" Hey relax It is written in your passport  . You dropped it down there. Here it is." She handed my passport . I put my passport in my back pack safely.Relief washed over me. " I am Alice." 

" I am jo" 

" had breakfast??? " she asked me .

"No" i said i don't like to talk with strangers. But she seems nice.

" When are you  going to celebrate your birthday?" She asked with the smile. Now she stand in the light so i can see her face. She had a dark black eyes like me . She had a sweet smile in her lips.And she is a honey color.I want to change the topic about my birthday so i asked  her  " Are you an Indian?"

She smiled " Ya. But i am an  American now " She hesited for a moment and countinued" what are doing here?" She asked now with the rough voice.

I became silent for few minutes. I don't know what answer she is expecting from me.I like her.But I am not going to share my story with her "Is there any job vacant here in this resturant?" i asked

" I don't know sweetie . I am not working here.I came here for my personal work" she is bearing a beautiful smile in her lips now.

"Are you come out of your house?" She asked.

Suddenly a fear started to form in my stomach.I remaind silent. She watched me "Are you pregent ?" she asked but she still had a smile in her lips . She continued" Now a days girls are so spoiled.Fall in love. had sex .Became pregent. Run with the boyfriends. He left after using them.They become slut after that. And finally died with the diseases. End of the story" 

"Excuse me you are mistaken . I am not that kind of girl . I don't want to fall in love.I don't like to fall in love" I realised i raised my voice when iam telling that. And everyone in the resturant is watching me now. I don't like to seek attention from  others.So i decided to leave from the resturant. I put my cash in the table and started to walk past from her.

I don't know which direction i am going . But i am kept walking.Suddenly she came beside me jocking.

" Hey. I don't mean to hurt you Jo. I am just telling the fact "

" First of all you have to know miss.Alice i hate love. Love is the reason for my life disaster. I am in streets because of love. If my mom is not mad about my dad My life will not change like this. They don't care about me.All Lovers are selfish. They don't care about others.There is no one in my life to care about me.Even my brother don't care about me. He is the only pleasure in my life. But he left for his own pleasure. There is no such thing as love. If love exist my mom don't allow me to come out of the house. If love exist my brother won't left me alone " Tears started to form in my eyes at  the mention of my  brother. But i hate to cry infront of her. I don't want her to think i am weak.

" Okay. I understand your situation. I am sorry. " We both are silent for few minutes.Finally she broke  the silent " You are wrong Jo. Every one in your life care about you. I care about you sweetie. If i don't care about you i won't give your passport to you. " She pressed the word passport to tell something to me. After that she walked passed me. I saw her dimnished in the crowd.

Why did she press the word  passport. What's there is a care in returning a passport . May be she is a theif .If she sold my passport in black market money from it would satisfied her for a week. I am not a brilliant to come up with another answer. I kept walking thinking why she pressed the word passport?......

Fear started to strike again. It hit me with the truth .OH MY GOD.. I lost my  passport some years ago.Then what did she give to me??. I started to check my back pack . There is a passport and it is my passport which was lost for 4 years ago.There is three extra sheets with it . One looks like a ticket. Ticket to Chennai, India... Another is an admission for me in st.john college for engineering chennai.And another is a letter from her.That says......

Dear....I know about your life. Every one in the world deserves a chance so do you. Use this chance to bulid your life back. When you understand what life is,you will know who am i ... Love  A

I started to search her in the crowd. I started to shout her name in the crowd. " Alice alice" But there is no replay I know if she is risking her money for me then she won't  go far away from me.She is some where near me watching me shouting her name. But i want her to know something . Something about her gift. I started to shout " Alice I don't want to go to India. Please book ticket for someother place"....DAMMIT .. i hate to go to India