Chapter Eleven

Flying home was pretty quiet. Brock and I discussed business, and he and I both seemed pretty confident that our promo had went over well. I had checked social media before boarding and fans all over the world were talking about us. There were a few naysayers, but after being in the business as long as we had, we knew that was inevitable. According to Heyman, both Paul and Vince were very pleased with how the crowd was reacting to us and right now, that was all that mattered.

          As Brock had suggested, I did make it home in time to get some sleep and to pick up Alanna at my parent's house the next morning. As I drove her to school, she caught me up on what she had been doing with Nana and Papaw. Then she rambled on and on about horses and how excited she was to visit Brock's farm this weekend.

          She continued talking about it nonstop the rest of the week. I text Brock a couple of times and warned him of the monster he had created. He thought it was cute that she was excited and I really think he was too.

          By the time Friday came, I kept Alanna home from school. I knew she was too excited to go and Heyman had already sent the private jet to the local airport. I got our things together and before lunch, we were in the air. Alanna was fascinated with the jet and couldn't believe that it was mine. I tried to explain to her that mommy was only borrowing it, but she continued to say that it was mine. Eventually, I gave up correcting her and let her explore it on her own.

          When we landed, she practically ran through the airport with me in tow. Considering how little she was, I could barely keep up and when she finally stopped, I dropped one of my suitcases and sat on it. Brock was waiting for us and absolutely lost it when he saw how out of breath I was. "Really? You look like you just ran through the desert for twenty miles."

          "I feel like it."

          Alanna ran up to him and started asking a billion questions as we followed him to the parking lot. "Do all your horses have names? Do you have a favorite? Do any of them have babies?"

          He smiled as we came to a big Dodge truck. "Yes, they all do. I do have a favorite and you'll meet him shortly. I do have a mamma pregnant right now with a foal, she's due anytime."

          Alanna's eyes lit up as we all hopped in the truck. "You think she'll have it while I'm there?"

         "Maybe. If she does, I might even let you name it."

          That done it. "Oh, mommy, can I? I could have my very own horse!"

         "Let's just see if she has it or not."

          We traveled down a long, never-ending road and finally, came to a driveway. It was mostly rock and dirt until you got up to the house. When I saw it, I was a little surprised. It wasn't anything extravagant, just a plain ranch house. Not that it wasn't nice, it just wasn't what I expected from a multi-million dollar wrestler. I'll admit it, he surprised me.

          "You have the same look as everyone else I bring out here. They think the country boy persona I have is an act, but this, this is who I am."

          I shake my head. "It's not that. It's just not what I expected is all."

          As soon as Brock parked, Alanna was practically jumping out. "Can we see the horses now? Can we, please?" We couldn't argue with her and before we even went inside, Brock lead us about a hundred yards away from the house.

          I had been to Minnesota before, mostly for TV appearances, but was surprised at just how much it felt like Kentucky. The rolling hills seemed to go on forever and the grass was just as green. "Are you ready?" Brock asked as he started to open the barn door. Alanna could have probably screamed by this time, but he finally let us through. The barn was lined with stalls and each one had a sign nailed above it with the horse's name. "I gave them all a bath this morning, which is why they aren't out in the field right now. We can let them out after you meet them." Alanna nodded as he walked up to the first stall. "This is Boris."