chapter ten. {melanie}

The room was absolutely freezing and the piercing sunlight that shone through the window did nothing to warm me up. I kept my eyes shut and snuggled closer to the object that was emitting the desirous heat that I craved. Pulling my cold feet into the blanket, I entangled my legs into the warmth and let out a sigh. I could stay in this position forever.

I felt the heat wrap around my shoulders and tingle the middle of my back, where it traced small, smoothing circles. This was by far the most relaxed I'd ever been in years.

After a couple of minutes, I sensed the object beginning to separate from me. Lightly groaning, I shifted deeper into the warmth and tried to contain as much as I could. I didn't want the cold to envelope me. As it moved again, I reluctantly opened my eyes to see what all the fuss was about.

I was greeted with a broad chest and I soon realized that my face was pressed to the base of someone's neck. Recognizing that it was Harry, a slight grin spread across my mouth. This must've been a dream.

"Good morning." His rough voice spoke, and it rumbled against my lips. I pressed a small kiss in between his collar bones and then another in the hollow of his throat.

"I could get used to this." I said, giggling quietly when his lips caressed my forehead.

"Me as well." He said, tightening his arm around my waist. What did I possibly do to deserve being in Harry's presence, let alone his arms?

"I don't want to leave." He stated, taking the words straight from my thoughts. I smiled again at the thought of Harry feeling the same as me. Yesterday felt like a dream and when he kissed me, the world just fell away and the only person that mattered was Harry. I didn't realize that I still had deep, profound feelings for him until we were standing under the Viaduct together.

Untimely, my stomach began to growl and I groaned because it ruined our perfect little moment. 

"I think it's time for you to eat." Harry chuckled and the tremble of his chest was strong against mine.

"No," I cried out softly. His hands rubbed circles into my back again.

We remained silent for a couple of minutes before I asked,

"Why did you come back?" I realized that I had no idea why Harry was even back in Holmes Chapel.

"Uh," he cleared his throat, "Short break from work." A small 'oh' escaped my lips. Did this mean that he wouldn't be staying for long? A wave of sadness fell over me thinking about Harry leaving and not being with him anymore.

"I have another two months, so it's alright." Harry stated and I tried to fight off the frown creeping onto my face. Was he implying that this was only going to be a two-month fling? After two months, would we be done? I tried not to think about the future and just enjoy my time in the present.

"When do you get called back for work?" I couldn't help but ask.

"February 20th. The first event's in London." The first event? How many events were there? And exactly what did Harry do at these events? I decided that I had too many questions and the morning was too early for my bickering.

"Let's get some food, yeah?" I said, pushing the topic aside. I knew the problem was still there and I still had many questions. We would just have to wait until the dreaded February 20th came.