Chapter Ten

CHARLIE'S POV::

Emma had left little clues about where she was going, such as the address, area code and multiple things in the search engine on the computer. Mum had promised that we'd go after her once filming for Neverland was finished but it was well after all the interviews and other things that we followed her to New York City. I had sent a letter to her a month before the trip, saying all the things I wished I could've said to her. The trip to NYC was supposed to pass as a family trip but it turned into a search mission once we got there. Mum found out what the building Emma was living in looked like so mum and I took a daytrip over to Central Park and to Emma's building.

"Is there an Emma Walker living here with a tenant named Josie?" I asked the man at the front desk.

'Is she blonde and has a slight British accent?" asked a woman wearing a big winter coat.

"Yeah, that's her!" I exclaimed.

"I'm Josie, her cousin. She's my roommate. Who are you?"

"I'm Charlie Rowe, I don't know if she would've mentioned me or not," I twiddled my fingers as I waited for an answer.

"Your name's familiar," she said quietly. I felt myself blush a little.

"I need to talk to her. It's majorly important." She nodded slowly then glanced at the package in my arms.

"Is that for her?" I nodded then held out the package.

"Could you possibly give it to her?" She smiled, nodded and took the package.

"Emma's running some errands. She'll be back later. I'll tell her you stopped by." I nodded grimly.

"She has my number so she can call me. Can you tell her that we'll be in New York City for two weeks?" Josie nodded and hugged my mom and me. "I hope she calls," I muttered but Josie heard.

"We'll get you two back together before you leave," Josie smiled and my mum hugged me close as we walked out of her building.