Chapter 5

A sigh escaped my lips as I turned around facing Allison and Stiles. They were both looking at me but in two completely different ways. Stiles seemed worried but at the same time, he looked as if he was figuring something out. Allison had no fear on her face; she was just smiling at me, waiting for me to smile back, to show her how much I truly loved her. I honestly had no idea what to do. All I knew was that this was probably going to end soon and I wanted to make it last. Stiles could go out and look for some firewood or something while Allison and I stayed where we were. ‘Yeah that’s a great idea!’ I thought to myself and just as I was about to speak, Stiles started talking.

            “Scott I think…” He started to talk but I stopped him.

            “Stiles, not now, okay? You should go look for firewood, or something. Allison and I will stay here.  As long as that’s okay with you.” I said looking at Allison.

            A grin appeared on her face and she nodded, “That’s perfectly fine.” She said sweetly.

            “Well it’s settled then. You should get going before it gets to dark.” I said to him, looking around. I was just now noticing how dark it was outside.

            “But Scott… I know what’s…” I stopped him again.

            “Stiles…” I said looking at him and then Allison, implying that I just wanted to be alone with her.

            Stiles sighed, shaking his head as he walked away. It was probably a dick move on my part but, I’d make up for it later.

            We were alone now and I couldn’t have been happier. There was still a tiny part of me that was worried though. I guess it was showing on my face because Allison walked up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, she was looking right into my eyes. Again, there was no fear on her face, just happiness.

            “It’s okay Scott, we will be fine. You don’t have to worry about anything. I promise.” She spoke sweetly with a smile on her face the entire time; her dimples were showing.

            I couldn’t help but smile for a bit, but the thought of her being in danger filled my mind again. She knew that I was still worried, so she gently ran her hands down my chest to my waist, her eyes still locked on mine. She slowly slid her hands under my shirt and gently along my chest. She giggled quietly and dug her face into my neck. I grinned at her and then ran my hand down her back. As her fingers traced the outline of my abs, my eyes shut tightly and a sigh of relief came out of my mouth. I still don’t know how she can distract me the way she does, it comes so simply to her.

            She was placing soft, quick kisses along my neck and a huge grin was on my face.  I pulled her head up closer to mine and leaned in to kiss her, but before I could reach her mouth, two lights were shining in my eyes and I was yanked to the left. The pain was unreal, but the most painful part was hearing the screams. My eyes started to close, but I could still hear her screaming and crying, calling for me.