Prologue

Heyy Wattpad-ers! So I'm a new author and I'm attempting to write an actual story :P Constructive criticism is appreciated! Please give it a read :]

Inspired by Katrocks247's "Death is my Bff"

Cover by LoveX0X0 =)

***Picture of A to the right! ***

**************************************

COPYRIGHT © DREAM1234EVER

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

THIS BOOK, THE CRIMINAL CALLS ME CUPCAKE, INCLUDING ALL CHAPTERS, PROLOGUES, EPILOGUES, AND ASSOSSIATED CONTENT IS COPYRIGHTED ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY THE OWNER AND CREATOR OF THIS WORK. ANY UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, BROADCASTING, MANIPULATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR SELLING OF THIS WORK CONSTITUTES AS AN INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, AND IS PUNISHABLE  BY LAW.

----------------------------

Prologue

His light footsteps echoed on the dry pavement of New York's streets. He was dressed in black from head to toe; his hood was loosely hanging over his head, casting a shadow on his face. His glazed black eyes blended in perfectly with the night. His gloved hands were stuffed into the pockets of his dark cloak, shielding his knife from view.

The sun had long disappeared; in its place was a luminescent circle surrounded by complete darkness. Every now and then, light from the streetlamps would bounce off of him, but he would always vanish into the night again.

He walked at a leisurely pace, taking his time. A hint of a smirk was etched onto his lips. He rounded the corner into an alleyway, and halted when he came face-to-face with three men. He recognized them all; in fact, he had expected to see them. One was a heavy-set man with a prickly beard outlining his round jaw line. He had a wide smirk that simply did not sit well on his face; he was the leader. The other two were scrawny, tall men who were standing awkwardly behind the first man.

"Ah, A, my boy," the leader greeted, a fake smile on his face, "how've ya been?"

A had his hood draped halfway over his face, leaving his face to resemble a black hole of nothing, so the man could not see the way A's eyebrow rose, or how his death-like eyes flashed in irritation.

The man took a step toward A and reached out to clap A on the back in greeting, but A suddenly caught the man's arm and twisted it, causing the man to yelp. "Don't touch me," A hissed menacingly. The man's eyes widened in pain and fear, but nonetheless, as soon as A let go of his arm, he took a step back towards his scrawny friends.

"I'm here to collect," A stated calmly. He had placed his hand back in his pockets and began fondling with his knife.

Except for the crisp breeze that floated around the men, silently whooshing, there was no sound.

A narrowed his eyes. "Well?" he growled lightly.

The leader darted his eyes to his friends nervously, for a quick second, but A did not miss it. He lifted his lips into a faint smirk, amused at the men's anxiety.

The leader grabbed a wad of cash out of his pocket and held it out to A, who swiftly took it with one gloved hand. "Where's the rest of it?" A questioned, narrowing his eyes.

The man's eyes widened, and from behind him, a faint string of curses and "How the hell'd he know?" met A's ears.

An amused smirk nipped at A's lips.

"What are you talking 'bout, kid?" the leader tried to play it off cool. "That wad in your hands is all the two-thousand bucks I owe ya."

"Don't lie to me, Marc," A addressed him, lifting his head so that his black eyes bore into the man's nervous dirt-brown ones, as if he was looking into his soul. "I'm pretty sure that you owe me two million dollars in cash, and I'm pretty sure that you were well aware of that."

A nervous chuckle escaped Marc's mouth. "Look, kid, I-"

"Don't call me kid," growled A, his eyes flashing in irritation.

"A!" Marc quickly corrected, "I can explain!"

A dark chuckle echoed around the alleyway, as A unsheathed his knife and began to slowly walk toward the three men. Their eyes nervously darted around their surroundings, only to find that they were trapped.

"Explain? Explain what?" A questioned bitterly.

"It's not what it looks like! We were robbed! Give us some more time and we'll get your money! Please let us go!" Marc pleaded with A.

"Pathetic," A sneered.

A chorus of yells of utter agony and fear cut through the silence of the night like a blade, but with one fluid motion of the knife, the yells ended as suddenly as they came, as the three men lay on the gravel, motionless, soaked in a pool of their own blood.

 ***

Echoing from behind him came slow, daunting applause. "Very well done, my friend. Very well done."

A did not move. He did not blink. He merely remained staring ahead. "What are you doing here?"

The man's lips lifted slightly at the corner. "Let's just say . . . I want to make a deal with you."

Slowly, A swiveled his gaze around, until he was looking at the man eye-to-eye. "I'm listening."

___________________________

If you liked it, please please vote, comment, and fan! I'd really appreciate it :)