Chapter 1

The sun was shinning bright in the middle of the sky, yet under the cover of the trees, it was cool and dark.  I was running as fast as I could, yet I knew he was catching up to me.  I could hear him, but just barely. 

    "You know you cant beat me in a foot race Arya!"

    Hes closer then before.  I have to go faster, but I am as fast as I can go.  He will be on me in just a few short seconds.  I can't let this happen.  I can hear his breathing now and know hes about to make his move when I turn sharply down a trail.  I no longer hear him and stop where I am.  Looking around I see nothing.  Just trees, plants, and a deer staring at me until I'm suddenly slammed into to the ground.

    "Got ya!"

    "Gah! Faerin get off!" I couldn't help but laugh, I'm just not sure why.  Maybe you do.

    He just laughed at me as he got up and held a hand out to me.  "Sorry Arya, thought you knew I was there, thought you were just giving up.  I should have known you got distracted again" he said as he smirked at me with his beautiful face.

    I crossed my arms and frowned at him.  I looked him over and sighed.  Bright silver, white hair that fell stright with some slight curls, not enough to be girly but enough to look like it was dried when he was running. Clear brown golden eyes, easy to get lost in and full lips, just begging to be kissed.  He was wearing leather pants and a white v-neck shirt that was loose and baggy.  He was beautiful, everything a girl could ever want, and my best friend.  "I don't get distracted that easily and you know it."

     "Yeah-huh, sure you don't."

    I grabbed his hand and got up, loving the feel of the warmth that shot up my arm from the contact.  I don't think he felt it though, which hurt, but he never knew about it.  I won't be the one to tell him that I had feelings for him.  Ok that I loved him.  I don't get to pick who my boyfriend it, or for that matter, who I want to marry.  "Oh shut up before I kick your butt.  You know I can" I said as I smirked at him back.  And I could to.  Easily.

    He just laughed.  That kind of annoyed me.  "Yeah, right."

    I launched myself at him and in five minutes or so, I was right.  I did kick his butt, easily I might add.  I had him face first in the dirt, both arms chicken-winged and my hand in his hair to hold his head down.  "Ha!  Told you I could beat you.  Could have saved yourself from this humiliation if you just agreed with me."

    "Ok ok you win now get off!"  He struggled and managed to fling me off him.  I landed back first against a tree.  Just my luck.

    "Ow!" 

    He got up and rushed over kneeling by me.  "What happened.  I'm so sorry Arya. I'm so sorry."  He kept repeating those words untill I finaly hushed him, telling him it was fine.  Until I saw the three inch gash on my arm from the broken tree branch.   "Oh man I'm so sorry Arya, I shouldn't have done that.  I was just mad that you won."  He placed his hand on my arm and I instantly felt the warmth of his healing.  And I don't just mean the warmth I get from his touch.  I mean, he healed me.  As in, no more gash, no more blood, no more pain.

    "Thanks Faerin."  Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you this; we arn't human.  We are elves.  We live out in the forest, deep in the forest where humans won't go.  Yes we have houses, but it's all made from the tree itself.  Nothing was hurt or killed.  Oh also, we have magic.  Yeah, like the kind on all your books and movies.

    "Come on.  Lets get you home before your father has me doing extra jobs that keep me to buisy to see you."  He said as he grabbed my hand and helped me up.

    "Yeah, can't have that now can I?  I would miss you to much, and I reallt don't want to hang out with Teirna either."  I shuddered at the thought.  Teirna was....how do I say it?  Self-absorbed?  Long blonde hair with some brown streaks, brown eyes that can be hazel in the sun or chocolate brown in the shade.  Tall and curvy, way more then me, and very girly.  Never gets dirty if she can help it, and just talks about herself usually.  Or about Faerin.  Yeah, she and I have one thing in common, our crush on the hottest boy in our forest.

    "Aw, shes not that bad."

    I glanced over at him as we started walking down the path.  "Obviously you have never seen her true side.  You know she likes you, so she tries to do what you like when your around."

    He sighed.  "Why must you say that?  Yes, she likes me, but you know I don't like her and I never will like her like that."  He paused with a thoughtful look on his face then nodded and grinned.  "Ok that made sence."  I didn't notice the flash in his eyes, the flash that meant he was keeping something from me.

    I just shook my head and laughed.  "Yeah, perfect sence.  I think you said 'like or liked' like....." I paused to think and laughed when I said like.  "About 4 times."

    "Hey!  It atleast made sence."

     I rolled my eyes at him.  "Yeah, yeah.  Come on, lets get home.  My father is going to be so mad if I'm late again."  I stopped dead when I heard a deep voice infront of us.

   "Your right.  He is very mad."

    My hands shook and my eyes widened as I breathed, "Dad."

OK guys, I know the first chapter isn't very good and all, but if you read on, it gets better. Please Fan, Vote Comment.  Even one of those would be great :)