Noel *

(Think about it 'til anticipation makes you shake and we both lose control...)

Alex and I didn't discuss going further after that night, but I was starting to get paranoid that he would get it from someone else if I didn't give in soon, which began to strain our relationship. It had been over a month since the incident at the harbour and Alex was being less affectionate, probably because the further he went, the harder it was for him to stop. He stopped staying over at mine on weekends as much and went home earlier afterschool and I began to feel as if he was gradually pushing me out of his life.

During our free period, I was sitting at a tabel with the guys, Alex was sitting opposite me and I had Jack and Rian on either side of me as we began to start studying for our finals in June for French. The tension was barely noticible, but because the guys knew us so well, they noticed that things weren't exactly going well so Jack tried to break the awkward silence. "So Alex, I heard your parents are going away this weekend. You gunna have a house party?" He asked, looking hopeful. Alex shrugged and shook his head, glancing up from reading his history textbook on World War Two to look from Jack, to me and then back to his book. "I dunno man, I don't really feel like having a party inviting people that don't talk to us unless we throw a party or something." He mumbled. Jack sighed and leant back in his chair almost too far as he began to flail and try and steady himself, making me giggle and I saw a smile grow on Alex's face. I gently tapped his leg under the table to get his attention. "Alex, d'ya wanna help me find a book on Shakespeare's sonnets and study for Lit? It's the exam I'm most worried about." I asked as he looked at me confused before nodding. "Sure."

We got up and went out the door of the classroom into the hallway and I waited until the door had closed to take his hand and pull him into one of the alcoves to talk to him alone. I played with his hands for a few minutes before starting the awkward conversation we needed to have. I looked into his eyes with a nervous expression on his face as he looked down at me concerned. "Jen, what's up?" He whispered, taking one of his hands out of mine and awkwardly caressing my cheek. I sighed, blinking a few times before replying. "How come you didn't tell me your parents were going away for the weekend? I thought we told each other everything..." He looked away down the hallway before taking his hands and putting them in his pockets, tapping his feet nervously on the hard laminate floor of the cold corridors. Although it was almost April and springtime in Baltimore, it was still pretty cold out and I was still adjusting to the temperature changes between here and Jacksonville. I shivered slightly, rubbing my hands up and down my bare arms to keep warm while waiting for an answer off Alex. "I didn't want you to think I meant anything if I said it...I mean, we haven't talked about it since Valentines Day and I told you I wouldn't push you because I love you. And I know that I'm not holding your hands or pulling you into me as much and everything else, but I'm finding it hard to not want to pull you into me and kiss every inch of your-"

We were interrupted by Mr Henshaw coming down the corridor, and Alex had pushed us further into the shadows of the alcove so he wouldn't notice us as he walked past. Alex's body was pressed to me tightly and I could feel his heart beating through his shirt on my chest, as well as his quiet deep breaths while we waited for Mr Henshaw to walk past us and down the next hallway. I could feel his warm breath against my neck, and it took all my willpower not to start to kiss him. He leant into me even more, so I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him into me even closer as he gasped quietly into my ear and I bit my lip as I saw Mr Henshaw pause directly infront of where we were hiding.

After pausing for a few minutes, he shook his head and carried on down the corridor as the echo of his footsteps grew quieter and quieter until the hallway was silent once more and all I could hear was Alex and I breathing. I looked up to see his eyes looking down on me, hunger in his eyes. I took one hand from his waist, putting it on his chest and pulling at his shirt and in tern pulling him down to me so his lips could touch mine. The kiss was intense, and I teased him by softly biting his lower lip as he put his arms around me, one slowly going up my tshirt and to my bra strap where he traced his fingers over the catch before pausing and cocking his head back, letting out a sigh and putting hhis hand flat against my back. "Not here." He whispered, taking my hand and squeezing it before smiling and kissing my forehead. "Let's go back." I nodded and pulled him into me one last time, kissing his neck softly before leading us out of the alcove and back into the hallway. He spun me under his arm before pulling me into him at the waist from behind, making me giggle before I put my hand on the door and began to push it open.