Chapter Nineteen; Christmas

I arise to the bright sun shining through the slightly cracked window.

"Good morning, beautiful." Peeta whispers as he gives me a peck on the nose and wraps me up in his embrace. He puts his chin on the top of my head, and strokes my hair, occasionally giving me small kisses.

"Merry Christmas, handsome." I say as I finally seem to fully wake up. I sink farther into Peeta's embrace and plant soft kisses all over him.

"Come on, sweetie." Peeta whispers as he sits up a little. "We have cooking to do."

"Do you mean you have cooking to do?" I laugh. I turn my head just enough to give Peeta a kiss on the lips.

"Yes, I mean I have cooking to do. But you... have a baby to feed." Peeta points down at Willow who is sleeping soundly in her basinet next to our bed.

"I just fed her an hour ago." I mumble as I lay back onto Peeta again, stroking his arm and listening to the steady thud of his heartbeat. "Can we do something?" I ask as I kiss his arm.

"No funny business until later." Peeta whispers into my ear, before biting it playfully.

"Peeta!" I giggle, sitting up, jumping on top of him and kissing him all over.

Peeta jumps up out of bed and picks me up bridal style. "Let's go, Mrs Mellark." He jokes.

"Peeta!" I yell in a hushed tone. He takes me down stairs and sets me on the kitchen counter.

"Or maybe we can have some fun now." He whispers into my ear as he kisses my neck, and sucks on it gently.

I take my shirt off quickly, and Peeta continues kissing me all over.

"Let's go over to the couch." I moan as Peeta runs his hand down my body.

Peeta picks me up, and I straddle my legs around him, not stopping what were doing.

"It's been too long.." I moan as Peeta slams me onto the couch. He begins to take his clothes off. Just as he is about to enter me, Willow starts crying.

"Ugh!" I groan as I roll off the couch. "So close." I joke. "Can we please finish this later?"

"Of course.." Peeta says with a blush as he puts his clothes back on. I don't bother with my shirt, because I'm sure Willow needs to eat again.

"Oh, baby girl it's okay." I coo as I pick Willow up and bounce up and down. This always seems to calm her. "Are you hungry sweetie?"

I can always tell when Willow is hungry, because she opens her mouth over and over again, as if she's asking for food. For this, I've nicknamed her "little bird."

I take Willow down stairs, and get a bottle that I had pumped a few hours ago. It still seems to be warm.

"Good morning, honey." Peeta whispers to Willow as he gives her a small kiss on the head. "Do you want me to feed her, Katniss?"

"It's okay," I say. "You have to start cooking dinner for everyone coming tonight. Can you just watch her when I shower?"

"Anything for my queen." Peeta says.