The (hot) guy next door ch 24

Authors note - this chapter ain't exactly the meaning of cheerful but you get Triss' POV so yay!#

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR -

Triss' POV

So I tried to scream.

As hard as I could, but it just sort of came out as a muffled sob.

'Triss' I heard Jake call my name, again and again his voice panicking but he was getting closer. My heart was thudding, as I felt hands I didn't recognize twist my arm painfully. Who the hell was this person? It was a guy, I could tell, and he wasn't speaking.

Oh God, he wanted to hurt me I knew. His breathing was rasped and I could feel his strong body tense as he grabbed me.

'Triss' called Jake again, his voice was getting more desperate and closer. I wanted to call again, so he would find me and this guy to get his hands the hell off me. Just this morning I had been safe, sad but safe and now I was lost, cold and... I didn't even want to think about what this man was going to do.

'Who's that?' asked the guy, his voice sounded strangely normal. Not gruff or threatening like it should of, but the fact that it was there, hissing in my ear was bad enough .

'My boyfriend' I replied, my voice was quiet and still muffled trying to still my heavy breathing before I passed out. This felt like a dream, the whole day felt like a dream, like I hadn't woken up that morning and this was just a nightmare. A very real and terrifying nightmare, but then his grip on my arm tightened and I gasped for a breath as it felt like my bone would shatter. I fought back tears and realized why he was grabbing me, Jake appeared at the top of the street.

Jake...

But would this guy kill him or something. My breathing quickened again as I watched him walk down the street, looking like my guardian angel and I wished suddenly that he hadn't come and wouldn't get himself hurt. What if I was the reason for the death of my boyfriend?

No, I had to warn him.

The guy suddenly dropped down to the floor beside some bins, without making a sound and I gasped as my ankle jarred but didn't make a sound. He would kill me if I made a sound. Well, he would probably kill me anyway. Or worse.

'Your boyfriend who you're running away from?' he whispered but I didn't reply. I was trembling too hard. Jake knelt down to pick up my bag, looking at it's contents with a distraught look on his beautiful face. The guy leant forward to see what he was doing and for the first time I saw his face, in the half light I could barely make it out but he didn't look much older than me, early twenties at most and just completely average. Not evil or criminal looking, but that didn't make him seem any less scary, as he watched his hand slipped from my mouth just enough.

'Triss, Triss I'm coming to help you' he said, looking round for me and the guy snapped his head back, forcing me against the cool wall.

'Ja-' I managed before he pushed me onto the cold floor.

'Bitch' he hissed, his face dangerously close to mine but still shadowed and I wanted to cry, and scream.

'Triss, where are you?' called Jake again and the guy looked up for a moment.

'Make a noise and I hurt you' he hissed and I closed my eyes, pretending I was somewhere else.

'Triss' he said, his voice getting fainter until I heard his footsteps disappear and then I lost everything. My stomach dropped along with my heart, void of hope and any feeling apart from fear. Then I felt myself being dragged up again, all my clothes were soaking wet and clinging to my clothes making me shake more.