Chapter 1: Not Good

Oliaa sat on the curb with her hands cupping her face, old tears stuck to her face and new ones spilling over the rim of her eyes. Oliaa wasn't the type of girl to publicly display her emotions but this week was different, everything was going horribly.

She didn't know what time it was when she finally stopped crying and she whipped her face with the sleeve of her oversized sweater.

"Are you ok sweetie? Look Tom she's crying." Oliaa looked up and saw a very beautiful woman peering down at her. The woman stuck out her hand to help Oliaa up, she took it and stood up. 

"Are you ok?" The man asked, he was holding a baby who had her hand stretched out with a tiny stuffed elephant clentched in it. "Heeerrrrreeee!" The baby squeled shaking the toy in her hand. Oliaa didn't know what to do. "She wants you to have it." The woman said, Oliaa responded by taking it from the childs hands and looking at it. She didn't smile but said "Thank you." to the child. 

"What's your name hun?" The lady asked. "I-I'm not supposed t-to talk to strangers." Oliaa said shyly "Oh I'm sorry, how rude of us. My name is Lou Teasdale and this is my husband Tom. And this is my smuchums Lux!" She said while kissing her child on the head. Oliaa just stared at the ground, her shoes suddenly becoming very interesting. 

"My names Oliaa Thomas." She said while figeting with the fraying end of her sweater. "That's a real pretty name!" Lou said while smiling. "But a girl as pretty as you shouldn't be sitting alone crying, what's wrong dear?" Lou said looking sympathetically at her. "How about we discuss it over Starbucks? My treat." Tom added to the conversation while cuddling Lux.

"How's that sound Oliaa? We'll pay for you if you want. We can walk there too." Lou said finally, Oliaa wasn't sure about them, they seemed nice, but she definitley didn't want to go back to her home, and Starbucks sounded nice and warm on this cold autumn evening. "Ok, but I'll have to pay you back some time." Oliaa decided that it was only fair. "Oh no! You don't have to, our treat, you seem sad and like you need some cheering up! That's what we're here for." Tom interjected immediatly. Oliaa didn't say anything, she just nodded and followed them up the street and around the corner.

Tom and Lou were both very nice people and Lux was so adorable. Oliaa still wasn't sure though, they seemed different, they were much nicer then anyone Oliaa had met, and they were both so good looking and lux so very cute. Why were they talking to someone like her? Why were they worried about her? 

Oliaa never thought of her self as pretty, beautiful, cute, or nice looking. She always thought she was very ugly, like the ugly duckling that will never grow up. Oliaa had dark brown hair and dark green eyes. She was a very average person and didn't think she was good looking. She wore glasses and had a small nose, her lips were small and her ears. She was 18 going on 19 in December but she couldn't drive and she didn't work.

Oliaa was in her freshman year of college and she was studying her first semester of pre-med. She was studying to become a brain surgen. Her father was a brain surgen and she cringed at the thought of him. 

"Can I help you all?" The cashier asked "I'll have a grande caffe latte." "And I'll have a tall skinny mocha. What do you want Oliaa?" Lou asked while turning to me. "Um, can I have a-a hazelnut macchiato?" Oliaa said quietly, the cashier nodded and Tom paid. Lou lead Oliaa and Lux over to a table. Their drinks were made and they all sat around the table talking.

"Yeah, Harry is so annoying, he just logged into my twitter and started tweeting you." Lou said talking with Tom. "Yeah, but it was funny, I knew it was him too." Tom added and Oliaa looked up from her drink "Who's Harry?" "My cousin." Tom replyed. Oliaa sat next to Lux who was climbing all over the place. She was on top of the chair, below it, on Oliaa's lap, and then on the chair again.