The phone call

I need to call Ana.
Why does she always have to take so damn long to answer her phone. I swear it's like she thinks that she's Miss World, everyone needs to wait for her until she feels she wants to do something. Typical Oriana.

Hellooo. She purrs into the phone

Exhibit A.

Why do you need to make a greeting sound so sexual? I roll my eyes at her.

She giggles.

Hey Skye, I didn't know it was you. She replies.

Oh gosh, I have dirt.

Spill!!

Well my mom died last week and -

Why does it sound like that doesn't even faze you?

I don't know honestly, I think I've known for quite sometime that this will happen, but I never took it into consideration and now that it's happened. It's like I've already mourned-

Wait, you knew and you never told me. How could you have possibly known that she would die? I thought she was just sick with some type of flu or something.

I bit my tongue. Oriana doesn't know about what happened. No-one does. What do I say? I mean if I tell her she'll see me as a murder and resent me more than I already do!

Skylar, I'm asking you a question. She says impatiently.

-uhm, I just meant she's been sick so... Uhh we saw this coming.

You're lying to me, Skylar. I just know you are. You only stutter when you do.

My minds racing, I can't tell her. No-one must know. I've lived with it, but having everyone hate me for it just doesn't do it for me.

I'm not, so can I finish what I was telling you or not?

There is a long pause, I know she's contemplating whether or not to let this go or pounder me with questions.

She sighs. Ok Skylar.

My father is back... I mumble

Excuse me! I thought you said he is dead?

That's what I thought as well, but I guess it wasn't the case.

Wait, let me get this straight first you keep secrets from me about your mother and now you lied about your father? What's up with you these days Skylar, it's worse at school. You're so distant and withdrawn. A person would swear you're on drugs or something. Even Kyle knows something is up! I'm your best friend, you're supposed to confide in me, tell me everything so that I can be there for you! You're supposed to trust me! But I guess that's too much to ask for right!?

I can hear the anger in her voice. She just has to make everything about her doesn't she! It's so typical of her!

Thats the thing Oriana, everything doesn't involve you yet you constantly make it about you! Besides you wouldn't understand half of the things I've been through -

That's because you don't want me to! I've been there for you through so much, even the time you had to go to rehab! How is this any different! You forget I lost my mother too, I understand the pain you're going through -

NO YOU DON'T!!! Ok! No one does, because none of the people I know are behind their parents death!

What is that supposed to mean! For crying out loud, speak to me! Are you saying you killed your mother?

Shit!

Bye Oriana

Skylar I'm still -

I hung up. Here I thought hey I could totally use a friend to talk to. I really chose the wrong one! We're such opposites! She's beautiful and outspoken and nosy as hell. She has brunette wavy hair, hazel brown eyes, red full lips and a honey skin tone. Then you get me, I'm more reserved laid back and quiet.
You know what? It's whatever...