Prologue

"Love is a mystery and not only that it is dangerous, many people get hurt and                                the men feed on the satisfaction. That's why I don't get involved, Holmes"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mother and Father. Left for Paris, without me

It was in the morning when I found the letter in the sitting room with my name written in neat cursive writing. The swirls were script and tight, it was mother's writing she always wrote like that, I remember how she crouched over the desk. The servants were still running around the house even though they knew that mother and father was gone.

My eyes darted the letter, tears started to pool in the corners and my breath started to tighten as my cries wanted to escape my throat. I drop to the ground, I called feel the tears and hear my cries fill the house, only one of the housemaids came to comfort me and made my tears ease.

The stairs always creaked when I went up them, it made me feel like I was home somehow, but now this was the last time my shoes would touch them again, I had packed all of my belongings, all servants and housemaids were sacked. I was sent to live with my auntie in downtown London.

The Blackmore name never lived on through my aunty only my father, I don't even know if they are not dead, one day they will return maybe forgetting something like me.

No one ever came