Chapter 1

Ashley's P.O.V

"Ashley, how was school today? Did you ace all of your quizzes and tests today?” said the lady who happens to be my mom.

The step-loser, also known as my step-dad decides to join my mom and ask me if I made any new friends. He only asks me that so I can introduce my "new friends" to his doctor's office. The only reason he asked me to bring "my friends" to his office is because he cheats on my mom with the people (a. k. a sluts) who comes to his doctor's office.

   "School was great today mom, and yes of course I aced all of my tests and quizzes today." My voice was full of sarcasm, but I don't think she knows what sarcasum is. 

   Right now we are eating in one of the dining room. There's five different dining rooms, fifteen bedrooms, six game rooms, two in-door swimming pool, three music rooms, three out-door swimming pool, and two hot tubs. I guess you can say that we're loaded. When I was done with my dinner, I went to my room and study for next week tests and quizzes. Soon. I was dozing off into dreamland. I was rudely awakened by my alarm clock. I wanted to smash the alarm clock against the wall, but I didn't because have to act perfect for my beloved mother. No matter how hard I try to be the perfect daughter that my mother wanted me to be, she just ignore me and kept on saying that maybe she should just leave me in the dark alley instead of my twin brother, Eric.

     Flashback (7 years ago)  

  Eric and I were playing in the backyard when all of a sudden, our mother dragged Eric inside the house. I followed them inside Eric's room, and saw my mother handing Eric a backpack full of clothes. Being ten years old at that time, I thought we were going to a sleepover at our friend’s house. Instead of going to a sleepover, our mother drove us to a dark ally. What she said next was something both of us will remember until we die. She dragged us both to the dark ally and said, "You both are a piece of junk. At least your sister, Ashley, will find me more money when I send her off to marry a billionaires' son. And you, Eric will just be like your father, a men whore, playing girls like chewing gum every hour.”    

  The minute “mom” said that, I can tell by the look on Eric’s face that he was heartbroken, and then became furious and replied, “Fine then mom, I will live here, but I never want to see you ever again. I hope you will regret this mistake mom!”  

  “Oh sweetheart, I WON’T!” my mom gave an intimidating smile back at him. This time I can see Eric’s eyes filled with tears, but wouldn’t let them out. Instead, he closed his eyes and walked away without saying goodbye. Every step Eric is taking away from us, my heart is breaking more and more. Like knifes stabbing my heart with each step he taking.

(flashback over) 

"Ashley, your mother would like to have breakfast with you before you go to school today. She said she wanted to talk to you about something," one of the maids said.

Oh, crap! I'm still in my pajamas, and I hadn't washed my face yet. Mommy dearest didn't have a lot of patience. I ran to my en-suite bathroom, and washed my face. As I washed my face, I studied myself in the mirror. My hair was in a mess, not like the usual straight hair I have. After I was done washing my face, I ran back into my room, but unlike before, I tripped on a pair of heels. I landed on the hard-wood floor. Let me tell you something, there's reason why they call it HARD-WOOD...it's because the wood is very hard. I got up and walked to my walk-in closet. Then, I took my pajamas off and threw on a baggy t -shirt and a pair of jeans that were three sizes too big for me. I walked to the right side of the walk-in closet and found my favorite pair of converses and put them on. On the way out of my room I grabbed a rubber band and put my hair into a messy hair bun. When I got out of the room I saw one of the maids standing outside it.

As soon as the maid saw me, she said "I 'm here to show you where your mother is having breakfast." I followed the maid, and when she stopped, I saw my mother eating breakfast outside. Right now, mommy dearest is wearing a bikini. She is probably going to sit outside for a hour or two to get a tan. You see, mommy here likes a natural tan. She thinks that whoever have a fake orange tan also has a fake nose, fake face, and fake boobs. As soon as my mom saw me she said, "uh, what are you wearing? What did you do to your hair? Why are you hiding your hour-glass figure I gave you? We worked so hard to get your body like this." 

"Hello to you too mother." I replied.

Did I tell you that my mother  here is a famous model since she was ten years old?

No?

Well that should explain why she was asking me what I was wearing.

"Are you sure you don't want to call Tim, and ask him to fix your hair everyday for you? Tim could also be your personal shopper too. If you want, you could go shopping with Tim to make sure he doesn't get anything you don't like. I'll also give you  my unlimited gold credit card, since you don't even shop that much," said my mother. "Mom, I'll tell you when I want to go shopping with Tim. Did you want to tell me something? Or did you already tell me?

"Come here, Ashley, and take a seat next to me. You will want to be sitting while I tell you the news." My mother said. I sat down on the chair next to her, and I stared at her, waiting for her to tell me the big news that is so important. Mommy here never invites me to have breakfast with her. My mom stared at me some more and started to sigh. Then she looked at me straight into my eyes and said, “your father and I ......................."  She didn't get to finish her sentence because I cut in and corrected her, "That man is NOT my father. He is my STEP-FATHER." Mommy dearest here acted like I didn't say anything and started her sentence again. "As I was saying, your father and I did the dirty, and he forget something that day so now I am pregnant."

The first thought I had was, "Blurt it out to the whole world and don’t sugar coat it." The second thought I had was, "Wow there, too much information. I don’t want to hear that you guys are still getting it on." Finially, it's sinking in... I'm going to have a step-brother or step-sister.

Then all of the suddenly, my mom broke down and started crying. I don't know what to do, so I patted her back and told her that its going to be ok. Her response was, "it’s not going to be ok. I'm going to be fat, and ugly, and I'll look like a whale." I don't really have a good response to that, so all I said was, “Look at the time. I should get going to school. I 'm going to be late if I don't go right now."