French Recovery

Walking through the streets of Paris, I admired the small cafes, flower shops, and botiques that lined the cobble stone street. I love this city and I am sad to be leaving it. All of a sudden my skin pricks and I have goosebumps running down my arms and legs. An eerie feeling washes over me, engulfing me in uneasiness. This has been happening to me for the past ten days we have been here. It's like I'm being watched.

"Marina! Come over here. I need to talk to you." Celine, my bestfriend said. Yes, I am Marina and I am part of my school choir which is taking a trip to France from America. We have done three concerts already and have one more to go. We are currently exploring the city by ourselves and are soon going to walk to our next venue for our final concert. 

I walked over to her and she puts her arm around my shoulder. "Now Marina, you don't look so good. Do you want to head back to the hotel? I'll come get you when it is time to go to the concert." She has a wooried look on her face which is abnormal for my happy go lucky best friend. 

"No no. I'm fine. Here lets just go into this cafe okay?" I turn to my left and open the cafe door for her. We walk in and are seated. Celine orders a perrier for me and a coffee for herself while i stay quiet in my seat. She has ordered everthing for this whole trip because I do not speak a work of French and she is fluent. Apart from us both being 17, we are basically opposites if you are wondering. She is petite standing at 5'3 with a pale complexion, brown eyes, and freckles. She has shoulder length light brown hair and a small bust. She is also french (obvioulsy).   

I am tall for a girl standing at 5'8. I am skinny but curvy with a flat stomach, big bust and butt, and curves in the right places. I am tan and look Hawaiian and latina at the same time however I am neither. I am actually half Chinese half cuacassion and I speak manderin (chinese).  I have long black har that reaches mid back but the thing that makes me unique is that I have violet eyes. They are the first thing people notice about me and are always fascinated with. We are opposites but pretty in our own ways. Also, I am the motherly figure and she is like the hyper child. I take care of her all the time so its strange to see her taking care of me. 

"How are you feeling? You look better now." She said after the waitress left to bring out drinks.

"Much better. I think it was just the cold outside. You know the wind is brutal now. Why did they plan this trip for February? It is freezing." I wrapped my scarf tighter around my neck and snuggled into my parka when that eerie feeling returned. I looked around the small cafe noticing that there were only a handful of people here. 

"Guess what I heard earlier today Marina. I heard that Ed Sheeran is in town." She squeeled and clapped her hands together excitedly. Now, let me tell you. We are fans, but Celine is a die hard fan. I am more of an admirer of his music. 

"Wow. That's great. Maybe we'll see him before we leave." I told her just to keep her happy. Who wants to be a Debbie downer? Not me. 

"OH he is so amazing!" She went on and gushed about him for a good hour while i listened and nodded every so often. It was getting closer to time of leaving for the venue so we payed the bill and left the warm cafe. 

We walked arm in arm to the venue in an attempt to keep warm from the bitter cold. We talked and people watched, rating the men from one to beyonce and commenting on cute outfits we saw. I looked behind us and noticed a black SUV parked down the street from us. It made me uncomfortable however I just sucked it up and blamed it on me just being paraniod. When we saw the venue, which is an old beautiful church, we ran to the back of it eager for the warmth we new it would provide. 

Once inside, we went to our dressing room and quickly changed into our ankle length black concert dresses that look horrid on everyone. We went out onto the stage area for rehersal to see we were the last ones to arrive out of forty five students. 

"Nice of you two to join us" Mr. Schultz, our choral director stated. We rushed to our spots and rehersal carried on for thirty minutes. Soon enough the church began to fill with music patrons and our concert was underway. We sang many different varieties of music from the Torreador March, an opera peice, to African spirituals and 18th century music in latin. 

In the middle of our concert, the same uneasy feeling from earlier came over me and I felt sick to my stomach. I looked into the audience and noticed two men sitting in the very back. They were very buff and intimidating looking in their dark suits and slicked back hair. Noticing that I was looking at them they both stood up and walked into the middle aisle. 

I stopped singing and looked around to see if anyone else noticed them, however it seemed as if I was the only one for everyone else kept singing. The taller one reached into his back pocket and lifted the object above his head. 

Bang. Bang. Two gunshots were fired into the air. Silence. Everyone's heads snapped to the two men. They walked closer to us and looked directly at me. 

"OH what lovely singing. Bravo." the tall one said in a thick French accent. "However, we are not interested in the singing. Marina, lovely Marina. Come here now. We have been called to fetch you." 

My blood ran cold and my insides twisted. My legs started to shake and I was frozen in my place. All eyes were on me and I couldn't move. They started to get impatient and the shorter one took out a gun and walked onto the stage and pushed my classmates out of his way as he stormed up to me. He grabbled my neck, put the gun to my head and started walking me down the stage. 

I looked at Celine as I passed her. "Tell my family I love them" I quietly told her. She nodded while tears escaped her large brown eyes.

I walked out of the church with out giving a fight but as soon as we were outside the struggle began. I kicked out my legs and elbowed the one next to me in the face. I punched the taller one in the stomach but he was unaffected and punched me square in the jaw, sending me reeling. The shorter one had recovered from the elbow to the face and tackled me to the ground. He put the gun to my leg and spit on my face before pulling the trigger and shooting me in the thigh. 

I screamed out in agony as the bullet traveled inside my leg creating a wave of searing pain in its wake. He then proceeded to punch me in the face. The world went black.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

SO THIS IS MY NEW STORY! DON'T WORRY IT WILL GET GOOD SOON!!!! SO YEAH THERE'S GOING TO BE ACTION AND ROMANCE AND SCARY PARTS AND MORE ACTION AND YEAH! OKAY. I PROMISE  I WILL UPLOAD SOON- Jahgirl123