wendy.

Haha so hey! It's perry. I'm not actually writing this story. Jade is doing it on her own and our close buddy Kami will help her. and so might I. Probably not since I've already got two stories, a guide and a story blog of my own to keep up! Anyways, this is jade's story. I'm just doing the author's note cuz I wanted to and yaahh! Hope you enjoy it! I'm sure it will be ace! And you all better vote and comment if you know what's good for you! (; 

-Perry<33

*unedited*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pirate attack had been a complete surprise, unjust and unkind; Hook’s pirates ripped apart the village the redskins had built themselves over the years. But even with the faeries fighting by their side, the Piccaninnies did not stand a chance when it came to such a surprise attack, especially during the middle of the night. Once done with that scrap, the pirates moved on, natives in tow, towards Pan’s beloved tree; the tree that housed himself and the Lost Boys.

Tied up with the brave Tiger Lily were a dozen of her stoutest warriors and despite their increasing urge to cry out in pain, they knew that as their fathers’ sons they had a duty, and that was to protect their princess.  However much to the natives’ dismay, the night's work was not yet over, for it was not the redskins Hook had come out to destroy; they were but the bees to be smoked, so that he could get at the honey. It was Pan he wanted, Pan and Wendy and their band, but chiefly Pan.

Peter was such a young boy and it can't help but be wondered as to where the man's hatred towards had come from. True he had flung Hook's arm to the crocodile, but even this and the crocodile’s further persistence could hardly account for a maliciousness so relentless and malignant. The truth is that there was something about Peter which irritated the pirate beyond measurable amounts. It was not his courage, nor his treasured youth, it was simply young Peter’s cockiness. This had gotten on Hook’s nerves. It made his iron claw twitch and at night disturbed like an insect. But also behind that, there was something Hook had managed to hide from Peter and the pirates all these years. And that was that Hook had a wife, who threw herself in front of him during one of their battles with Peter. Pan ended up taking her life that night and for that, Hook could never forgive him.

In the meantime, what of the boys? The pirates had seen them at the first clang of the weapons, standing frightfully still, as if turned to statues; all open mouthed and appealing with outstretched arms to Peter. But now, their arms hung at their sides and their mouths shut closed. Every pirate on guard pressed forward in order to hear any signs of what the boys were saying.

 “Which side has won?” Every boy asked in unison. Much to Hook’s delight Peter’s answer came shortly after, much louder and prouder than the boys; easing the pirates’ strained listening positions.

“If the redskins have won," he said, "they will beat the tom- tom; it is always their sign of victory."

And of course, Smee. Hook’s second in command, had found the beloved Tom-Tom and was at the moment seated upon it! "You will never hear the tom-tom again," he muttered, but inaudibly of course. To his amazement Hook signed for him to beat the tom-tom, and slowly there came to Smee an understanding of the dreadful wickedness of the order. Never, probably, had this simple man admired Hook so much. Twice Smee beat upon the instrument, and then stopped to listen gleefully.

"The tom-tom," they heard Peter cry; "an Indian victory!"

The doomed children answered with a cheer that was music to the black hearts above, and almost immediately they repeated their good-byes to Peter. This puzzled the pirates, but all their other feelings were swallowed by a base delight that the enemy were about to come up the trees.