Chapter 2- I almost popped someone's shoulder joint

It was 3:38 am in the morning and I still couldn’t sleep.

I kept tossing and turning. I got into some pretty weird and awkward sleeping positions. There was one were only half my body was in the bed, the other end dangling off the edge. I tried sleeping sideways. On my belly. On my back.

If I had my blanket on, it was too hot and that got me sweating. If I had my blanket off, it was too cold and that got me shivering.

 At some point, I even tried sleeping on the floor. However, that didn’t end well. I slept for about 15 minutes and I felt myself being soaked in liquid. No, I did not pee. It was my dog, Missy. She had a habit of sleepeeing.  Yes, sleepeeing.

So just when I was sleeping, I had to take a shower. Then change my clothes. Then clean up Missy’s mess. Then go back to my pink queen sized bed and sleep.

Well, at least try to.

But I could'nt.

I did the math.

 No sleep for me= More thinking

I couldn’t help but think about Alex and what he was going to say. I mean, how can I not think about last night?  His eyes looked serious, intense and there was something else. It was sorrow.

I tried to think of possible things that he was supposed to ask me…

“I brought you here because… this is g…reat and I want you to be my girlfriend...”

I admit, I blushed at the thought.

He’s 16 and I’m 15. It’s very possible. I guess it explains the seriousness and intensity. But that doesn’t explain the sorrow part.

Or maybe…

“I brought you here because… this is g…oing to be the day when I tell you that Shtickler has a crush on you…”

Ha! That’d be the day when Missy stops sleepeeing. It will never happen since she 's

born with a bladder problem. Plus, he’s not my type.

Possibly…

“I brought you here because… this is g…ay. Everything’s gay. I’m gay…”

Oh dear gosh, I seriously hope, that wasn’t what he was going to say.  I’ll probably die an old woman if he is gay.

I stared up my ceiling and thought of all the possibilities. There were so many that I finally managed to get some sleep…

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...Snore...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…………

Zzzzzzz...snore...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…..

ZZZZZzzz….

Snore...snore...zzz…snore…

…………………………………………….