How Could He Get Away?

Chapter One ~First Day~

Jillian:

It's not summer anymore. Those long days in the sun with my friends in the back seat of my old mustang soft top, are all gone. We are off to college, the biggest change in our life since we hit puberty is now. We pack our things, head off in different directions and say goodbye to the ones we love, saying, "It's only gunna be for a 'lil while mama."

Being originally from Miami, leaving for Julliard, all the way in far-off New York it seems like I'll never be coming home for the holidays. With most of my high school friends going to some small town community college it seems as if I won't be seeing them for a while. Then again, they don't have any gifted talents that would get them into a performing arts college.

Coming from the high-dollar areas of Miami to the high-dollar areas of New York, might not be so bad. This drive seems to be never-ending. My father in the front seat, my mother in the passenger seat, and me and my twelve year old brother in the back. Jackson all caught up in his iPod that he just had to have!! and my parents deep in conversation, I get lost in the scenery.

As we pass through north carolina I start seeing mountains that make me hope I dont have to live on the side of a mountain for four years.

As we get near Jersey I start to doze off in a light sleep. As I  wake, I see the sign on the highway that says, "Welcome to New York."

When we come to the entrance of Juliard I start to wish we hadnt come. People here seem to look so uptight. All with their suitcases and moving trucks to carry in their various pieces of vintage furniture. I go with my family straight to the addmitions office. A lady by the name of Jeannie Anderson is at the from desk. When we get up there she holds her hand up at us and points to the phone, like she is on some very important call that can't wait. She points to the chairs in the waiting area. We head over there as she says, "Oh no he didn't! stop you're making me laugh! *haha* girl, no, no he didn't!" My dad, whose face is blood-red, stomps over to Mrs. Anderson he says with furious anger, "Look i don't know what kinda position you have here at this school, but my family and I just drove from Miami, and we'd really like to get her room key, if you please, Mrs. Anderson, and what would be very kind is for you to drop your silly little call with one of your bar-buddies and make that happen!" Mrs. Anderson fearfully said in return, "I'm sorry, Mr. ?"   "Justin Fields..."   "Well mr. justin Fields, im very sorry for the miss communication, I'll get right on that," and she walked away in haste. "Nice dad!," Jackson said quickly.

When she came back with the key, she handed it to my dad and walked back to the copying room, probably scared for her life! This is just a great way to start my four years at this school.

As i walked by the dorms to get to mine, I had to go past the boys dorms and I see this tall, tan, blue eyed guy that i would so get with if he would let me. I'm not some sex-crazed teen, but i've had my share of late nights with some special people. Before he looked over i flipped my long blonde hair and used that seductive look that only a few gifted people can make.

Nate:

I just was getting to my dorm and i was almost finished unloading the car, when this sexy, tall, blonde-haired, blue-eyed chica walked by she looked like she had come straight from the california coast. It gave me a taste of home, but she was better. She had this look in her eyes that she knew what she wanted and how to get it. And that, i liked. But i had to be my dorky self and run into a pole right a she was looking at me. I saw her giggle, but who the hell knows what a giggle means. I sure don't. It could mean, 'look at that idiot, he just ran into a god damn pole.' or maybe it means, 'I'm interested but he is unattainable.' Which would both be bad. God, why did they have to put that pole there?!  *Ugh* i need a beer.

Maybe she'll be at the freshman bash tonight.  I might be able to redeem myself, but we'll see.