part two

"Jasper, I don't think tonight is the night," I laughed out as I fumbled with my key. The man behind me, the one I'd been seeing for more than eight months, was tall and charming. His brown hair was always carefully arranged with hair gel and I don't think I'd ever seen him in anything but a black suit. His facial features were soft, almost boyish. He looked younger than he was.

"C'mon, D," he joked, hand hovering around my waist. I resisted the urge to slap it off. I liked Jasper just fine. But somethings still made me uneasy, made me look around and wonder if a certain black and white face was watching my movements with distaste. I snapped myself back to reality. Why did it even matter? He left a note and was gone. Had been gone. For almost a year. Not that I was bitter. 

I turned towards him in the hallway. Not the same hallway I'd stumbled down before, after getting home from the hospital. No. I'd moved. To a nicer part of town, with nicer and biggerapartments. Which is another reason I shouldn't have been on the look-out for -- No, stop yourself right there. Don't think about him again. "I don't think so," I grinned at him, finally opening my door. "I've told you before, there's no getting lucky with me." That pout was adorable, I'll have to admit.

He stayed in the doorway, leaning on it with his right shoulder. "Are you positive? Because luck is just all about preparation and timing." His eyes glittered in the dim light coming from my kitchen. I scoffed at him, rolling my eyes.

"No, lucky is what you are not, my kind gentleman." I fumbled with my key still as I spoke. It's rough edges gave me something to focus my attention on. "I had a wonderful dinner. I'll be seeing you tomorrow, Jasper; right now, I'd like to get ready for bed." I shocked myself by dropping the key and I yelped as it clattered to the tile floor. "Clumsy bitch .." I muttered under my breath, bending to retrieve it. I stood up and turned, right into a black chest.

"Jasper! Christ, you scared me. Don't do that to me." Yeah, he'd scared the shit out of me. My heart was beating too fast and I kept my eyes downward. They flickered to the door. It was shut and locked with a chain. Heart jumping into my throat, I went to move around him. "I said no, Jasper. Leave, because I don't want to do this with you. I wouldn't want to embarrass you by kicking your ass." I looked up at him defiantly, taking a step back from him. I'd told him a few times I wouldn't sleep with him. It was faintly shocking that he'd be this persistent about it.

"You've said no again and again," he sighed, disappointed. "But you still tease like a whore." My mouth opened as I worked up a good response, my hands already curling into fists. I knew I could fight him off of me. But I really didn't want to. Jasper was a friend, a good one, not someone that I really loved but someone I cared about. Hurting him just seemed out of the question. 

While I was thinking all that over, he'd moved. Towards me. "Don't -- " My words were cut off by a quick jab on his end. I blocked him right before he got my arm, smacking his away with a fluid movement. But there was this grin on his face. Victory. My brow furrowed. Why was he ... Why ... My eyes snapped open as he reached forward and plucked a needle from my skin. Oh.

"I'll assume you were going to say, 'Don't stop'," he whispered, supporting my body before I fell to the ground. Drugged. I was drugged. Gotta keep my brain thinking. Find a way out. Get moving. Do something. I felt heavy all over, the feeling seeping through my veins like sludge. It was holding me down. Jasper didn't even have to do that himself as he dropped me on my couch. The drugs were holding me down for him. 

My mouth was fuzzy and my tongue felt like it was taking up my whole throat, but I was working on being able to talk. His mouth, meanwhile, was everywhere. I couldn't even close my eyes. I couldn't even feel it. Somehow, that relaxed me. If he was going to do it, I didn't want to feel it. I quickly slapped myself internally. Don't think like that. He's not going to. You can stop him.