Power?

Copyright © 2011 Laura Ruiz.

All rights reserved.

COPYRIGHT

This story, "Endless Dusk" including all chapters, prologues/epilogues and associated content (i.e fanfics, teasers and content within blogs, social networks and eReaders) is copyrighted. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of this work (Laura Ruiz) and any unauthorized copying, broadasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law. Any links, images, brand names or otherwise copyrighted material is not my own and is not covered by my copyright. No copyright infringement is intended.

 All characters and places are figments my own imagination and belong to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a story I've been working on... I've had it roaming around my head forever and the characters keep bugging that they wanna know what others think of them so here you go. Please let know know what you think and any suggestions you might have. Corrections are also more than welcome! <3

*~~~*

My back hit the wall as I backed into it and I felt my shoulders scrape as they hit the cement wall. Dammit. I was cornered; this was where I would die. At the hands of a half breed! Dammit why weren't my powers in yet?! I had the potential to kill him with a thought, I knew this from having witnessed my mother do such a thing before dozens of times when we were on the run together, but my power hadn't manifested yet. I was almost defenseless. The reason she left was because she thought her protectiveness was what kept the manifestation at bay, obviously she'd been wrong and now I was about to die.

"Wait." I knew it was futile, but I couldn't help the words flying from my mouth. I was surprised by the even tone of my voice and the way my eyes stayed level with his. When did I get so much confidence? "If you kill me now, how will you ever know the location of my clan." It was a complete lie, my mother and I were exiles. We had no coven. We had no protection. If this lie was about to buy me some time, then I'd keep it going as much as I could. Lies came easily to me. I guess it's just what happens when you're on the run for so long.

"I honestly don't care if you have a clan or not." he leered. "I can feel that you don't have any power yet and I would love to know what you're like ... up close." his glowing yellow eyes roamed my body appreciatively and settled on my chest. I threw up in my mouth a little and swallowed loudly as I fought the tears that pricked at the sides of my eyes. It never failed, I would always cry when I got infuriated. It was terribly embarrassing. Something snapped inside of me then; no man, especially a man as disgusting as this half breed, was about to take something so sacred from me, not without my consent!

Waves rippled down my spine.

Is this what it felt like to come into your power? Was this finally it?

I let the waves go through me, and flow out and around me. Nature was at my disposal, it would do what I asked... but something was off. The feeling kept building, fueled by my rage perhaps, but I could not control it. I winced; not really from any pain because I felt none, no this was me realizing I had no control. He seemed oblivious to my internal turmoil as he advanced on me with lust clear and forefront in his eyes. I saw his inner thoughts and disgust engulfed me just before my rage enveloped me deeper. I had no idea what would happen, my body was frozen by the waves running through it and I had no say in this. A few more steps and he'd be close enough to grab me. I was panicking now. Couldn't I be normal like every other Elemental in my old clan? Apparently that was just too much to ask.