Chapter One: Special Delivery

Mr and Mrs Fawcett lived in the villiage of Ottery St Catchpole, which was also the home of the Weasley, Lovegood and Diggory Families. The Fawcetts had a daughter called Suzanne, and she would soon recieve her letter from Hogwarts.

The house was held up by magic, much like the Weasley home, except for the fact that it was slightly smaller. And the attic room was were Suzanne slept, and the walls were covered with posters (such as one of her favourite Quidditch team, the Holyhead Harpies). Suzanne was a tall, brunette with slightly larger-than-average teeth and freckles.

Suddenly an Owl flew in through the open window and hit the wardrobe, falling onto Suzanne's bed. She awoke with a start, and quickly sat up. She then realised that it was an owl that had awoken her, and it took a while for her brain to register why the owl was there.

She snapped up the letter and ran into her mum and dad's bedroom. She shouted, "I've got my letter, I've got my letter."

"Darling, it's six O'clock in the morning, go back to bed." replied Mrs Fawcett, still half asleep.

"Catherine, Catherine. Didn't you here what she said?"

"Here what?" she replied.

"She's got her letter from Hogwarts!" Mr Fawcett said, ectatic.

"Oh thats brilliant, sweetheart. Read what it says then." She responded quickly.

"OK, Mum." Suzanne responded, "It says; 'Dear Miss Fawcett, We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on 1 september. We await your owl by no later than 31 July. Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress.'"

"We'll send a letter straight away." Her mother responded. And with that she walked out of the room and went downstairs.

"You can go to Diagon Alley with your mother later. Because I've got work today." He said, "Oh, very well done love. Sorry I seem a bit short with you, it's just that the ministry are requesting more raids."

"That's alright dad. See you later." She hurriedly replied, just before he dissapperated.

Suzanne rushed into her room, and got dressed. Then she went downstairs to see the family owl leave. Her mum had got dressed and was now preparing breakfast.

"I'm so proud of you." She said happily. "We all are."

"Thanks mum." She replied, giving her mum a hug, "What's for breakfast?"

"A bit of everything I think." She relpied.

With that Suzanne sat down, and thought about going to Hogwarts and what it would mean. She of course knew that she would be away from home, and her best friend, Ginny Weasley. All of this just made her think that it would be like an adventure. Without noticing it, her mother had put the breakfast on the table and she had started  eating.

While her mum was doing the washing up she went outside. She found that fresh air was very good for relaxing and contemplating what would happen next. Once her mother had finished the washing, she said, "We are going to go to Diagon Alley in a bit, and we are meeting the Weasley's there. Is that OK, sweetheart?"

"Yes, thats fine." She absent-mindedly responded.

And with that her mum picked up the letter and thier coats, and was ready to go. Suzanne then entered the kitchen, and asked, "Mum, where's the floo powder?"

"Oh. The post will be here soon. I ordered some more." She replied helpfully.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like the first chapter. I know it's a bit short but nothing more happen's here. The next chapter "Diagon Alley" will be uploaded soon. RD