Breakfast In Bed (Chrash)

Another Chrash one! and from the last fanfic, Ashley does say the ending bit, if Chris decides to shoot himself instead of Ashley, and you kill Chris.. ITS SO SAD!!!

By Mimimadrox on Tumblr

Ashley was awoken by her cell phone vibrating beneath her pillow. She quickly pulled it out and stopped the alarm. The time read 6:00 am. Perfect.

She slowly climbed out of bed and crept out of the room, being careful not to wake up Chris. Stifling a yawn, she walked down the hall and made her way through the living room and into the kitchen.

She switched on the light and walked over to the fridge. Since she and Chris had class at eight, six seemed like the perfect time to get up and start on his surprise, especially if she ended up messing something up and had to fix it.

The surprise was breakfast in bed because it was his birthday and she wanted him to have a great start to his special day. She poured a tall glass of chocolate milk, stuck two slices of bread into the toaster, and pulled a pan out of the cabinet, setting it on the stove.

She stood and stared at the pan for several seconds before pulling her phone out and opening Google, realizing that she had no idea how to make an omelette.

—————

"Fire!"

Chris jerked upright in bed just as Ashley came crashing through the bedroom door, green eyes wide and filled with panic, her hair still messy from sleep.

"Ash–?"

"Fire!" She screamed again. "Chris, you dip, get up! The kitchen is on fire!"

"What? Oh, Jesus..." Chris scrambled out of bed and stumbled out of the room in a hurry. He rushed to the kitchen and, sure enough, something on the stove had caught fire. He ran to the garage, grabbed the fire extinguisher off the wall, and ran back to the kitchen to put the fire out.

When the flames were completely extinguished, Ashley pouted at the disaster, whimpering a little. "My breakfast..."

Chris took a deep breath. "Whew..." He wiped his forehead with the back of his hand and turned to Ashley with a concerned expression. "Ash, what the hell happened? Are you okay?"

Ashley sighed and looked down, her voice quiet and embarrassed. "I was...I was trying to make you breakfast in bed. For your birthday."

He blinked, staring at her for several seconds as he thought about what she said. He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her on the forehead. "Ash... That's really sweet of you. Thank you."

"Yeah. Well..." Ashley turned her head and glared at the smoldering mess on the stove top. "Don't be too grateful; I ruined everything."

Chris laughed softly and took her chin between his fingers, raising her face so he could kiss her lips. "You could never ruin anything, Ash. At least you tried. And as far as I'm concerned, as long as I have you, my birthday will always be great. Hell, every day will always be a great day with you."

Ashley blushed fiercely at his words. She smiled and leaned up to kiss him again. "Chris..."

"Besides," Chris pulled away from her to walk over to the cabinets and pull out a box of Lucky Charms. He turned his head and winked at her. "I prefer cavities anyway."

Ashley laughed and took his face in her hands to kiss him a third time. "Happy birthday, you dork. I love you."

Chris's cheeks warmed. "I love you, too."