Chapter 1~The Boy On The Rooftop.

Chapter1: The boy on the rooftop.

Linda's P.O.V:

"Not my Gucci!" I snatch it from Marisa's hand and hug it close to my heart. Mama won't let u get dumped baby! I caress my Gucci boots.

Marisa is the lady from the protection department, who is supposed to change my identity. She with a couple of people have finished off with my features, style, and now they are moving on to my wardrobe, the very first thing this lady is trying to do is dump my 900 dollars worth black stilettos ankle boots into the bin.

"You can't wear it when your going to a normal high school in Louisiana." She explains as she tries to take it away from me. Not on my watch lady!

"Or... I can. I'm Patrick Anderson's daughter, I can do whatever I want." I drawl then grab back my Gucci, letting her to sigh. Patrick Anderson is one of the leading businessman around world and the top one in Texas. And he's my dad.

"Mr.Linton." Here goes the Miss.Complainer. Every time I protest over something, Marisa makes it a point to bring it to the notice of Mr.Linton. Poor guy and a childish lady. The blonde guy turns and start walking towards us.

Mr.Linton is the one who brought me here from Texas. And he is the only guy I trust in here. I had a threat call earlier this month, so dad decided to send me here, to stay undercover for a couple of.... I don't know, maybe, days or months.

"What is it now, Marisa?" He questions her. By his tone, I can say he is pissed off. I roll my eyes as her starts her rants. I have been here for like 7 hours straight and all the lady does is call him ever time I protest over something, may it be silly or serious.

"Let it be. Let her have her things, she can wear it once in a while." Mr.Linton's final testimony is on my favor. I smirked. Ha! On your face Marisa. "But but.. But Linda, you have to wear your cloth in formal basis and those dress on daily basis." He points over to a packed suitcase bursting my bubble of joy.

"Do I have a choice?" I scowl and he shakes his head indicating a no. How am I gonna wear them? They aren't branded, and that's for sure.

"Now can I have a look at myself?" I ask as Mr.Linton nods and Marisa hands me a dress to change. Then she leads me to a room. The room was cover with mirror on all four walls. I slip into the dress she gave me, and then take one last look at myself in the mirror before heading outside.

I'm wearing a skinny jean with a peach spaghetti top and a pink sweater which compliments my brown eyes. After all it isn't a bad of an outfit, but not branded.

My long straight black hair is turned into a medium brunette locks. My eyebrows are done perfectly.

I don't look like a total different person, I just look different. Like a good different.

It wasn't a bad start, now I have to move in with the Linton's and blend in, as a normal teenager in Louisiana high. It would be a price of cake right?

Louisiana here I come!!

~~~~~~~~

"Ready?" Mr.Linton buckles his seat belt as he asks me. I nod and buckle my seat belt. Moving in with the Linton's was dad order. So couldn't ditch it.

This is the very first time I'm leaving my dad and going somewhere far away from him. Since moms's dead dad has been there for me. He never lets me miss her. He means a world to me. I miss him so much.

"What's with the chain?" Mr.Linton questions as he notices me fidgeting with the chain around my neck. I do it when I'm nervous. It's my mom's only possession I inherit. It was dad's first gift to mom. The chain has a heart pendent.

"Oh! This is my mom's." My mom gave me when I was five, and instructed me never to remove it. I have never removed it and never will I ever.

"You miss your mom, don't you?" He asks sympathetically. I hate when others pities me or sympathies me.

"Not really, miss my dad more." I reply truthfully. "So, Mr.Linton when do I go back? Back to Texas?"I want to go back.

"First, you can return back home when we track the person behind the threat and arrest him. Second, don't call me Mr.Linton, cause we are playing uncle and niece, remember." He winks at the end.

"Aye, aye, uncle Linton." I smile.

"Keep smile. You look beautiful when you smile." He compliments. I never smile often, so compliments like this are new to me. As far as I know, Mr.Linton lives in Louisiana when he's not on a mission. He lives with his wife and a son.

"We are here!" He pulls into a tiny garage, only two cars can fit in here. Back in Texas it was a huge parking lot.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and get down from the car to face the house. The house is too small. It's more like a bird's nest. It is a two storey building, and all houses are close to each other.

"This is your house?" I arch my brow as I walk back to the car's trunk and watch him pull out my baggage from the trunk.

"Yeah!" He strolls my baggage to the entrance of the house as I follow him. He stops and pulls out the key from his pocket.

"Mr. L.... I mean uncle I forgot my bag back in the car, I will just get it." He nods and I head back to the car and pulled out my bag and turn quickly when I hear somebody groan from the rooftop. I immediately look up only to freeze on my tracks and slack my jaw.

The guy turns and carries the same expression as mine. Then he winks and opens the window to get inside the house.

Did I just see a burglar enter Mr.Linton's house?

As reality hits me I run as quickly as I can, to inform Mr.Linton. I open the door and run in.

"Mr.Linton, I just saw......" I was cut of by a voice.

"Hey! Dad." Mr.Linton hugs the boy from the rooftop. Dad?

What's happening over here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys,

I'm back with a chapter. Hope you like it. Vote and comment if you do.

Signing out,
Peace.