The (hot) guy next door ch 17

Authors note - this one's a bit depressing. Sorry.

-CHAPTER SEVENTEEN-

It was a huge, empty expanse of dark sea. Moving in a rhythm, huge waves frothing white that could destroy buildings easily and could crush me in a second. I was stood on a tiny fish boat, curled up in one corner as the waves threw me around like a toy while I begged to survive, or die quickly. But I knew neither were possible. I stared up at the sky for one last time, it was a dark dense mass of rolling clouds and thunder, and it made me shudder until I turned back to my tiny boat. I could hear creaking, my ship was breaking. Then I looked up to see a huge wave come crashing down on my-

'Triss.'

'What?' I called back, looking away from my painting.

'Triss.'

'What?' I pulled open the door to see mum stood at the end of the garden.

'What were you doing in there?' she asked, looking confused.

I looked around, realizing it was day. 'I couldn't sleep' I replied.

'Well Jake's at the door' she said.

My eyes widened 'seriously?'

'Yeah.'

I ran through the door and to the door 'I'll be just a second' I said to Jake before running p the stairs and getting changed, brushing my teeth and quickly grabbing a bag. 'Hey' I said, walking down the stairs again as he looked bemused.

'Your hair looks nice up' he said as I suddenly realized I hadn't untied it.

'Oh' I reached up to take it down 'seriously, sorry it looks awful.'

'No it doesn't' he replied 'it looks really nice; it keeps the hair out of your face so you can see your eyes better.'

I smiled, and tied it up again 'better?'

'Better' he confirmed, and then drove us to school.

'I need to go talk to my Biology teacher' he said, as soon as we arrived.

'Sure' I said, letting go of his hand and watching him walk away, then I turned round and walked towards my friends. 'Hey guys' I said, smiling at them. They glanced up at me, but didn't look so happy. 'What's wrong?' I asked.

'Ask Regina' said Selene, leaning against the wall.

'Regina-?' I began.

'What the hell Triss, we had a deal. You don't go back on deals' she said, angrily.

'Deal?' I said, confused.

'Jake' she said.

'Oh right' I hesitated 'but he didn't want you. Do you still like him?'

She shrugged 'not really.'

'What's really the problem then?' I asked.

'He's changed you' said Megan solemnly.

'What?' I asked, looking at her confused.

'He has' said Regina 'I mean come on, you've even got your hair up, you're wearing different clothes, you have a completely different attitude and you turned down Tony when he asked you out. What the hell?'

'What are you saying?' I asked slowly.

'We want the old Triss back' she replied.

Oh right, the old Triss. The submissive Triss who couldn't stand up for herself, who let people, especially Tony walk all over her, who spent her life worrying and painting. That wasn't me anymore. 'So I've changed' I said 'what's the problem?'