Tradition - Part 2 (MJJ Imagine No. 15 for Helena in Sweden)

You and Michael have just come down from the mountains after showing you the observation post he had built while you were back home in Sweden during the last two weeks. Now you've just parked the ATVs back in the garage and Michael takes your hand in his and walks outside with you.

"Where are you taking me now?" you ask.

"I thought we'd go for a nice walk."

"Anything else?"

"You'll see."

"Can I have a hint? One that's actually useful this time?"

"I'm not going to blindfold you," he tells you while laughing.

"That's your hint? You're not going to blindfold me?"

"Yup," he responds with a smug look. You shake your head.

After walking quietly hand in hand (and stopping to kiss here and there) for roughly twenty-five minutes, you and Michael come to a turn. As you round it, you see a gray-brown barn.

"You built a barn?"

"It's not just any barn. Let me show you what's inside." You both walk toward the entrance, but Michael stops you right at the point where the sun and shade meet which doesn't allow you to see inside. He moves behind you and covers your eyes with his hands.

"You do know that telling me you're not going to blindfold me was just semantics, right?"

"Do you have a blindfold covering your eyes right now?"

"No, but your hands are. Semantics."

"I couldn't resist." He kisses your cheek. "Start walking straight ahead."

"Will I trip over anything?"

"Nope. I'm going to stop you before you set foot inside."

"Mikey, Mikey, Mikey," you say while letting out your breath. You then giggle and walk forward.

After a few steps, Michael stops you and takes his hands down from your eyes. You peer into the barn. What you see surprises you. You turn and look at him. "Cows? You have cows?"

He looks at you with pride. "I do. I bought a few Guernseys and Holsteins. They're dairy cows. We're going to have fresh milk every day." You start laughing. "Why are you always laughing at me? I'm serious about this, Helena. Dairies have always fascinated me. Before Gloria found this place for me, we discovered a dairy farm while out looking at property one day. The farmer had no idea who I was so I decided to question him about his herd. I learned so much from him and I kept learning after we left. Now I have my own small dairy."

You put your arms around his neck and tenderly kiss him. "I wasn't laughing at you, Mikey. I was laughing because you looked as proud as a peacock telling me they're dairy cows." You kiss him again. "I love that about you. Something peaks your interest and when it holds your interest for as long as this did, I think it's great that you go all out and bring it home. I love how your face lights up. You're so excited about this."

"I am." You smile at him. "Do you know how to milk a cow?" he asks. You laugh while shaking your head no. He lets you go then takes your hand. "Follow me. You're going to learn right now."

"You know how to milk a cow?"

"I do. That farmer showed us how to milk. I was the only one who filled my pail. Squirted Bill a few times when he wanted to leave." You laugh.

"Bet that got him mad."

"It didn't in the least bit help his impatience," he replies while laughing. He lets go of your hand and grabs a couple stools. You follow him inside one of the stalls. In a gentle voice he says to the cow while patting her side, "How's my girl today?" He slowly walks toward the front of the cow and scratches under her mouth. "I have someone I'd like you to meet," he tells her. He lowers his head to the cow's ear and quietly says, "I really like her. I hope you don't mind helping me teach her how to milk you. I'm going to marry her so I need you to help me make a good impression on her." You giggle to yourself. Michael rubs the cow's head and nose then leans forward and places a kiss in the middle of her forehead. He motions to you to come stand by him. "Bluebell, I'd like you to meet my fiancée, Helena. Helena, I'd like you to meet my favorite girl, Bluebell." You reach out to pet Bluebell's head when she suddenly turns her mouth toward you, sweeping her large, sandpaper-like tongue across your arm. You jump and pull your hand back. Michael starts laughing. "She won't hurt you. She's very gentle."