Little Miss Trouble- 4

Disappointing moment today- the party clown couldn’t figure out how to make a balloon unicorn. I was sad.

Anyway, PLEASE vote. I have, like, 40 fans but only 15ish votes?

I will post the next chapter (If it is written) after I get 20 votes!

Vomment!

Please? I <3 reading the comments ;).

------

After another short discussion with Indi, Nathan left.

“I thought this pranking stuff was meant to be non-serious?” I asked.

“It is, normally,” she replied, “but it’s becoming more serious.”

I did not show it, but internally I was pleased. It was nice, for the first time in years I had a goal. Everywhere else, every other school I has the same mindless pattern. Date the coolest guy in school, play a few pranks and generally cause mayhem.

Of course, this school was not so different. I would still be dating the coolest guy in school- once I found him- and I would still be playing pranks. But now I had a specific target, and I would not be able to let myself get caught. I could not get expelled from here.

“Come on, I’ll show you our room,” Indi said, gesturing to a door, “there’s heaps to do before the meeting tonight.”

 She pushed the door open and disappeared inside. I grabbed my suitcases and followed, trying desperately to ignore the faint gibbering of Brooke that floated through the wall.

Upon my entering, a small ball contraption springed into operation, setting off a chime of bells at irregular intervals. The sounds blended together in a beautiful melody.

“Where did you get that???” I asked, shocked.

“I made it,” she replied, “it’s why I’m a prankster.”

“What?” I asked, confused.

“Prankster- it’s the name we give to a person who is actively involved in pranking the snobs,” she replied, “I am one because I’m light, I’m fast, I’m acrobatic and I think outside the square, inventing various contraptions. Some are useless, but most things I make have a purpose.”

That was to the point. I glanced up and down at her. She certainly looked, what was that word again, acrobatic. Her limbs were poised and graceful, yet muscular.

“So, like, everybody has a specific strength?” I asked.

“Yep,” she replied, “what’s yours?”

“Um,” I replied, at a loss, “I guess I’m good at handling unicorns.”

“Excellent!” she exclaimed, “We need someone to do that!”

Her tone was perfectly serious, not at all mocking.

“You know what Indi?”

“Well, obviously no,” she replied, “what?”

“I think I’m going to like you.”

“Strange world isn’t it. I get that feeling too.”   

I looked around the room. It was reasonably predictable, two beds on opposite sides. A large wardrobe stretched against one wall.  A shelf hung above each bed, and a small table sat beside each pillow.

The room was coloured black and white, very bland. Indi had personalised her side of the room, with various metal and plastic pieces scattered across her shelf and a few posters hung on the walls. I recognised a full colour print of Ke$ha, but the other posters contained people I had never seen before.