Chapter 11

Joe's POV

I woke up to a text from Louise.

Louise: Homecoming has been changed to Friday! The committee has to meet everyday after school starting tomorrow to make sure we can get everything done in time. Don't be late!

Me: Why did it get changed?

I received a text 2 minutes later.

Louise: Because apparently there's this fundraising event being held at the school that day and Friday is the only other day the gym is free after school until after Winter break.

I sighed and put my phone down.

I went downstairs after getting dressed to get some breakfast.

I opened the refrigerator to see that there's no milk left.

My dad is still asleep so I guess I'll go buy some.

I grabbed my car keys and walked outside.

When I got to my car I noticed another car was parked in front Caspar's house.

I use to see it there all the time.

Wait..... It's Cara's.

I huffed and pulled out of the driveway and to the store.

Why the hell is Cara at his house. I mean I know they're suppose to meet up today but I didn't know that meant at his house.

I kept thinking about that as I looked for snacks.

" Joe!" I heard a voice that I know so well say.

I turned and saw Justin walking up to me.

" Hey!" He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and started to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

" Wait, I know you're mad at me and you have every right to be. The other night when I kissed Caspar I was drunk and after you turned me down I guess I just got upset and I wanted to get back at you, but I'm sorry. I feel really bad. "

I crossed my arms," Is that all?"

He looked down," Listen, I know you may not believe me, but I still love you. My boyfriend and I broke up last night because I told him that I'm still in love with you. I know you're with Caspar and I respect that but I just thought I would tell you."

I frowned when I thought about Cara being with Caspar doing who knows what.

I shouldn't care because we aren't actually together but I do.

" I don't think we'll be together much longer."

Justin scanned my face," Why not?"

" I think he wants to be with someone else but whatever. I shouldn't be talking to you about this. I have to go." I tried to keep myself together as I walked away.

Justin caught up to me," You can talk to me about anything. I'm here for you whenever you need me." He said starring into my eyes as if he meant every word.

I smiled slightly," Thanks."

He smiled," Can I give you a hug? You seem like you could use one right now."

I wiped my teary eyes and nodded.

After he pulled away he cupped my face in his hands," Call me if you need me. "

" I will." I smiled. I missed this side of him. The side I fell in love with.

He kissed my cheek and waved to me as I walked away.

-

When I got home Cara's car was still there.

I rolled my eyes and went into my house.

2 hours later I got a call from Caspar.

I declined it and looked for Justin's name in my contacts.

Me: can you come over?

Justin: I'll be there in 10 minutes

I smiled and put my phone down.