Chapter 31.2

A few minutes later the food arrived and Mum was not kidding with how big everything was. The roll was about as big as my face and overflowing with bacon that was done slightly crispy. What got me the most was how the hot chocolate wasn't in a dainty little cup, but what may as well have been a bowl with handles. On top of the cream were lots of little marshmallows, cocoa powder, some sprinkles and there was a flake.

"Are you trying to give me diabetes?" I asked in astonishment.

Brychan laughed. "I'm sure the calories won't hurt you."

"Yeah, but still. I like my teeth as they are."

"They won't rot between now and getting home, I'm sure," he said, patted my back and went to talk to another customer.

My stomach rumbled and I wasted no more time with the food. I added brown sauce to the roll and had to squash it down before taking a bite. There was the perfect amount of butter on it and it mixed with the residual oil from the pan in the single most delectable way possible. I was about half way though before I even thought about having some of my drink.

"This is delicious," I said with a happy sigh. "I wish we could..." I'd nearly said 'bring Ben here' but people were still listening into our conversation.

"Eat up kiddo, we need to get going in ten minutes."

We both ate really quickly and hurried out but were stopped at the door by a seven year old girl who was, simply put, adorable. Long brown hair was put into two plaits that fell over her shoulders and she was wearing a light blue pinafore dress with a white blouse underneath. I think it was a Dorothy costume rather than her normal clothes, but she killed that dress even though she had red wellies on.

"This is a get well card for all the people in Canada," she said to me. "Can you give it to the king to give to them?"

"Uh..."

What the hell?! Why was she asking me? I was just Grace. I wasn't anyone important. I was... a student. A student who really wanted to get a hair cut. I really wanted to tell the kid that there was no way I could get it there and walk out, but she looked at me with those damn eyes of hers. Those damn puppy dog eyes that were so warm and brown and innocent. How could I possibly let her down? And, let's face it. This was a beautiful gesture.

I smiled and knelt down next to her. "Let me see?"

She held it out to me. It was a napkin with a pen drawing on it and the words "Get well soon, Canada" shakily written. There were a few rips on it from where the pen had gone through the thin material, but it was still really sweet. Below the words was a smiley face and what I assumed was a rainbow, both surrounded by hearts. Below that was what I assumed was supposed to be the Welsh dragon.

"This is really nice," I said. "You can really draw!"

"Thank you!" she grinned showing a few missing teeth. "Can you get it to Canada?"

I smiled. "When I next talk to Ben, um, Prince Benjamin, I'll see what he can do, but I'm sure we can get it there, yes."

"Can you send balloons too? One for everyone who got hurt?"

I smiled. "I'll see what I can do. What's you're name?"

"Gracie."

"Is it?" I asked in a child friendly high voice of excitement. "My mum calls me that sometimes."

"Even though you're all growed up?"

I nodded. "Uh huh."

"Will you talk to Prince Benjamin today?" she asked intensely.