Chapter 1: Carol

Hi Wattpad readers :D

This is my second attempt in writing a novel here in Wattpad.

I didn't finish the first one because I thought it wasn't good enough, but hopefully this one will be.

I don't want to dear-diary you guys so I'll just make this quick.

Thank you so much for reading this, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did writing it and please vote for me! Haha

xo - AJ :)

---------------------

Chapter 1: Carol

"ARREEEENNNN!!!" Carol shrieked.

"Jeez Carol, you're louder than my alarm clock." I complained.

Carol is my best friend. I've known her for 16 years, 7 months and 19 days. That's how old I am.

Carol's mom is my mom's best friend so I knew her even before I met my own younger sister, Ashley.

Carol pulled out a piece of paper that has a picture of a girl drawing Michelangelo's famous sculpture, David, and a sign saying "Test your creativity" in all caps.

"Let's take this art class together!" Carol suggested while bouncing up and down my bed. "I know how much you love art and I've always wanted to learn how to draw so when I saw this flyer posted outside Kmart I just have to grab it."

"That's technically stealing." I tease.

"Whatever. So, are you gonna take it with me or do you want me to beat you up first?" Carol jokes.

"I told you like a gajillion times that I'm not doing art anymore." I said, "You know how I feel about it, right?"

"Yeah. I just thought that maybe you'll change your mind and decide to do art again." She apologizes. "Plus, you're really good at it."

"Thanks. But after Ashley's accident, I just don't want to do it anymore. I don't want the same thing to happen again, if not to her, then to someone else."

Carol sighs "Okay, I'll stop asking you."

"So what do you want to do today Ren?" Carol asks.

"I don't know." I answered.

"How about we hit the beach?"

"It's August."

"The gym?"

"You hate working out."

"True, true. The Movies?"

"Okay." I sighed.

"All righty then! To the movies!" Carol shouted while imitating Superman's pose when flying.

-----

"Hmm. What movie should we watch?" Carol asks while tapping her right index finger to her right cheek.

"How about After Earth?" I suggests while pointing to the After Earth poster located right next to the ticket booth.

"I heard it's bad though. We should watch-" Carol was stopped by Brian Lockwood, a senior and her crush since freshman year.

"You guys gonn' watch a movie?" Brian asks as he crosses his arms revealing his toned biceps.

"No, we're here for the free popcorn on student night." I sarcastically respond.

"Hilarious," He said while cocking his right eyebrow and giving me a half-smirk. "Instead of watching After Earth, how about you guys watch The Purge with me and my pal Jake instead?"

"No wa-" I was stopped by Carol's voice.

"That's a great idea!" Carol shouted.

"All right." Brian said, giving me a you-lost look while putting his right arm around Carol's shoulder.

"You're Arren right?" A deep and raspy voice asks from behind me.

I turned around revealing a 6'1 hunk with a perfect dirty blonde hair matching his grayish-blue eyes, blue flannel shirt and black faded jeans.

"And you're Jake?" I asks suspectedly.

"Yeah, I always see you around the hallways at school and I've always thought you were really pretty." He said while rubbing his left arm with his right.

"Gee, thanks." I said.

I can feel the blood flowing inside my cheek making me blush.

"Wanna go inside now? We might miss the trailers." He asks jokingly.

I chuckled.

He offers me his right hand.

And I grabbed it.

--------------------

Thank you for reading the first chapter of ATB !

Let me know what you think about it, wether it's good or bad, I'm really keen to know. :)

PS.

Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Until then, keep safe and have a great day!