VII.

"Come on, Pansy! Why the hell are you laughing?" Draco sneered, folding his arms.

Pansy chuckled. "Oh Draco, do you know nothing? Grow a pair and ask him out! I'm surely not doing it for you."

"But I-I, no! I can't," Draco huffed.

They were in his dorm, Pansy badgering him to make a move on Potter.

"Why can't you?"

"His friends are always near him. There's nowhere where we could go without being seen... Hell, I'm already assuming he'll say yes. He'll say no, Pansy, I know it. I said the wrong thing in Potions Monday... We never talked since."

"What'd you say?"

"Well, when I was him, you know... I said I felt like I couldn't do anything, and that I was surprised how he managed to walk away breathing after what happened with the Dark Lord," Draco explained, and Pansy face-palmed.

"Why the hell would you say that?"

Draco groaned. "I don't know!"

"Well," Pansy sighed, "first just ask him, at least. Please? You'll find a place to get it on later."

"Get it on?" Draco asked, his eyebrows raised.

Pansy shrugged.

"I don't know what you guys will be doing."

"Surely not getting it on," Draco huffed. "When should I ask him? When can I get him alone?"

Pansy shrugged again.

"Tonight, give him a sign to follow him during dinner. Like that one time, when we didn't want him following you. Um." She bit her lip. "I'll make sure Crabbe and Goyle don't follow."

Draco smiled at her.

"Thanks, Pansy."

Pansy smiled back. They sat in silence, each absorbed in their own thoughts. The dinner bell starting ringing, and Pansy grabbed Draco's arm and lifted him from his bed.

"Time's a wastin'," she slurred, looping her arm through Draco's, and together they set off towards the Great Hall.

When they arrived, Potter and his friends were in their regular seats. Draco sat so he could clearly see him, and to make sure Potter noticed him. It was Thursday night, and Draco was planning on doing something with Potter tomorrow.

If he even says yes...

It was halfway through dinner when Potter finally glanced over at Draco. Draco seized his chance and nodded his head towards the doors. Potter frowned at him, and stood from his seat.

No!

After, Draco mouthed frantically. Harry caught this and sat back down.

__________

"What are you doing Harry?" Ron asked, and turned to see who he was looking at. He couldn't see anyone looking at them.

"I-I thought I saw something. It's nothing," Harry said calmly.

But his insides were coiling. Why would Draco want to see him? To apologize for the nth time? What would he say to Ron and Hermione after dinner? Maybe say Dumbledore wanted to see him.. or say he left something in Transfiguration? Harry wasn't sure, but he was sure that he wanted to know what Draco was up to.

After Dumbledore dismissed everyone, Harry acted as if he had forgotten something.

"Something wrong, Harry?" Hermione asked as they slowly made their way to the exit.