Chapter 15

Chris's POV

--------

"Pst! Wake up Chris, it's your turn!" Millie shook me awake from the drivers seat. I groaned. We were parked on the side of the road, it was almost light, 4 in the morning according to my watch.

"Okay." I sighed. I climbed out and walked round to the front of the car and yanked open the driver seat. Millie was already settling down in the seat beside me.

"Don't forget that it's Mark's turn at 10" Millie yawned a snuggled into a blanket.

"I won't"

--------

Dan's POV

I woke up on the sofa, Alicia was still sleeping peacefully on the bed. I stood up and looked at the sleeping girl. She was very pretty, with lovely light blue eyes slightly wavy blonde hair, full pink lips and slightly sun kissed cheeks. It was going to be a waste to kill her but because of what Chris did to my father she deserves to die. I got up and picked up the smooth wooden box with the well carved swirls and daggers. The corners of the box were soild gold and inside, I didn't even have to look, red silk covered it. I also knew as well as the silk bottom, there was a silver dagger with a black, wooden handle inside, waiting to be used. I traced the patted on the top with my fingers.

I thought about how I was going to kill her and how I would revenge my fathers death.

"No, no" I heard myself croak "Not her, never."

I just couldn't do it, she was such a pretty, kind girl. And I loved her, I really did. I had fallen for a girl with a mate, the worse scenario in love for a shifter like me. I sighed and dropped the box on the floor and I left the hotel room.

-------

Chris's POV

At last! I smiled as I passed the sign welcoming me into Forasee, Alicia's home town.

"Do you know where exactly her house is?" Elle asked

"Um... No." I replied

"Urgh, stupid brother." Elle groaned" Okay we will just have to look around and ask. Look! There's a missing picture of Alicia. Stop over there."

"Wha?" yawned Millie beside me "Are we there?"

"Yes, we are stopping here to ask around town about Alicia's parents and where they live" I said

"Okay." she nodded "Mark honey, wake up." Millie shook Mark away.

"I don't want to go to school..." he rolled over and drooled

"Ew" commented Elle

"Your not helping!" I snapped at her

"Mark, you are 19, you left school at 16. I'm not your mum, just wake up!" Millie said desperately at the half sleeping Mark

"Yes! I'm awake!" He shot up.

"Good. We are stopping here." I opened my door and got out. I opened the boot and rummaged in my bag for a jumper. I pulled that on and slammed the boot shut and I locked the car up.

Several people were gathering around the poster.

"Poor girl, I hope she is alright."

"Her parents must be so devastated"

"I hope the police find her she was such a nice girl"

The comments were all very similar to each other, all concerned about her safety.

I cleared my throat "Excuse me, where does Alicia's parents live."

"Why?" A middle aged women asked

"Yeah why?" some other people in the crowd agree

"We... have some... information about Alicia." I said

"Is she safe?"

"Do the police know?"

"She was safe, now I don't know. I want to speak to her parents first before I report to the police, they will understand." I hoped they would help me.

"I will take her to her." A smallish red hair girl pushed her way forward "I'm Lilly, Alicia's friend. I trust you, I can tell you have a nice aura about you."

"Aura?" I asked

"It's what I can tell about you. I trust you and I know what you are going to tell her parents is important." Her eyes shone and she changed to a whisper "And I can tell you are special"

"How?" I questioned

"It was just something I was born with, my mother it the same too." She replied "Alicia doesn't know even and she is my best friend. Let's take you to her house then." She began walking and I followed behind.

---------

Dan's POV

I stumbled into the hotel and dragged myself into the lift. My head hurt and my body ached. I banged the hotel room door so... that... girl would let me in.

"Dan?" A blonde asked

"Are you my maid?" I slurred

"What's happened to you?" she asked

"I... I went to the... The night club" I giggled "I durank and danced lots. They were lots of ladieeeesssss. I 'ad some 'un there."

"I think it's best you get some sleep" she pushed me on the bed and took my shoes of

"Good maid, I... will tip... you later...." I shut my eyes and let the pain in my head took over.

---------------

I'm so sorry for not updating! I haven't felt like updating or I have been busy or I have had no Internet connection, I will post more now though as the story is almost finished. I have an idea for a second book too- but it is set 10ish? years later.

Please vote, comment and fan!!!!! I

Please read Into the Light too!