Out Of The Darkness - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic (On Hold)

• Dedicated to Ian Somerhalder - For acting Damon so well

Out Of The Darkness

Disclaimer : The Vampire Diaries and none of the characters used in this story belong to me . All rights go to the correct owners.

Out of the darkness, there came a woman . Dark brown hair , straightened to perfection . Her eyes were a deep dark brown , large and doe like . Damon felt captivated beneath her gaze , as she stepped into the Salvatore Boarding House and looked around . She couldn't see him , but he could see her . Damon immediately thought of Katherine , the reason he had returned to Mystic Falls , to free her from the tomb she had been captive of for 145 years . This girl could almost be Katherine's twin , except this girl , this Elena Gilbert , looked so alike Katherine , but didn't have Katherine's venomous , selfish personality . Damon could tell , just by observing her . Elena's eyes were sweeter , and a lot more nicer . Damon watched her look for his idiotic , killjoy brother . Then he stepped from the shadows .

You must be Elena ” He said , his voice as smooth as velvet . Elena spun around , and saw him . Her mouth dropped open , and her eyes widened . Damon knew he had god like beauty , and he liked the human's reaction . He tried not to smirk , pushing his coal coloured hair from his forehead . Elena Gilbert was beautiful , in a way Katherine wasn't .

Who … Who are you ?” Elena's voice was soft . Damon smiled , feeling very happy with himself . He answered quietly , like he was trying to sooth a spooked animal .

I'm Damon , Stefan's brother . ”

Elena's eyes narrowed , thinking deeply . Her heart was beating incredibly fast , skipping beats every few seconds . Damon knew he was the influence of this .

Stefan never told me had a brother ” Damon rolled his eyes . Of course , St. Stefan wouldn't have mentioned his reputation staining older , hotter brother .

Well Stefan's not one to brag ” Damon led Elena into one of the small parlours of the Boarding House . Elena gasped , when she saw the large fireplace , the large French windows . Damon had to admit , it was okay , if you liked living in a very fragile environment . And Damon did not like fragile .

This is your living room ?” Elena said . Damon nodded , savouring her reaction . Elena's eyes widened , as she looked around . Damon liked this girl already , and not just because she's be good to drink from either . Elena glanced back at him , and Damon couldn't help but smile at her . She smiled back , and for some reason , Damon wished he could read Elena's mind , like that sparkly vampire in Twilight .

Wow” Elena gasped . Damon knew that he wasn't going to get much more out of Elena right now .

And in the darkness , of the vampire that was Damon Salvatore , a tiny light shone from the black shadows of his heart .