Chapter 2

After Getting off the jet, we were escorted to a SUV, which would take us to our hotel. After we entered our hotel room, Beth-Becky-no Betty...whatever her name was, she decided to give me a briefing.

"Listen...." I waited for her to tell me her name again.

"Beth." She stated.

"Listen, Beth, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but all I need is his file and I'll be good." I held out my hand for his file.

She looked reluctant to give me his file, but she did. After I got it I left to go to the room I was staying in. The room was a tan color with huge window that was covered by purple drapes that touched the floor. The bed was queen sized and had a purple bed set. It had two tables on each side of the bed, one of the tables had a small fancy black clock on it.

I took the file, set it down on my bed and went to get ready. After I changed into my pajamas and brushed my teeth, I went and slid under the covers. I picked up the vanilla folder and looked at the front. Across it in bright red ink was stamped "CLASSIFIED". I opened the folder and saw a picture paper clipped to the contents of the folder.

HE IS...

BREATHTAKING.

He had ice blue eyes and short black hair. You could tell he was well built through the clothes he was wearing. I'm supposed to kill that? What a waste, I thought to myself.

I moved his picture and went to look at the information in his file. Only his name was printed on the white paper. Huh, it only says his name...they must be hiding something from me. I decided to call it a night and put the file on my beside table and went to sleep.

***

I woke up and looked at the clock. 5:00pm. Dang, I need to get up. We're leaving at 6 to go do my job. Flying to Paris must've taken a lot out of me for me to sleep almost all day. I got up and took a shower. 

After my shower, I put my hair down to blow dry it straight. After my hair was dry and straight, I went to go put the dress on that I'm wearing tonight. I opened the bag and looked at it. It was an olive green plunge dress that flowed straight to the for. It was backless except for two straps that came from the top then crossed and attached to the side.

It was beautiful.

I put it on and paired it with heels that were the same color. When I was done admiring the dress on me, I grabbed my handbag (where I had a small handgun if needed..) and left my room.

"Wow. You look gorgeous!" Beth gushed at me.

"Thank you, Beth." She silently nodded at me.

"Are you ready? It's already 6:00" I nodded to her.

"Yes, let's go."

We headed to the car and got in. Sense he was supposedly attending a fancy party, we rode in a limo. When we arrived Beth gave me a quick 'Good luck' before I got out.

I walked up the long walk to enter the party.