Chapter 5: April, like the month

For being my first real commenter and voter, and basically the love of my life. Only slightly kidding. :3

Chapter 5 ♡ ♡ ♡

The last 45 minutes of English passed in a blur, and before I knew it, I was halfway to my next class. Searching through my bag, I pulled out my crumpled schedule, and glanced down.

3rd period: Calculus.

“Oh god, Math.” I groaned quietly to myself.

The classroom was full, with people clustered around the classroom in groups, and only a small amount of kids in their seats. I walked to the back of the class, stopping next to an empty seat beside a small, perky looking girl. She had her head buried in a book , and when she looked up at me, her book tilted slightly, giving me an eyeful of a couple wrapped in a passionate embrace.

I raised an eyebrow at her, saying nothing.

She shrugged, and grinned, “My guilty pleasure.”

I held up my hands, “Hey, to each his own. But really now, who can resist the golden mane of hair and glistening muscles that is Fabio Lanzoni?”

“Finally, someone who understands me,” She sighed. “This seat isn’t taken by the way.” She said, gesturing towards the empty bench next to her.

I threw my bag down onto the table, and sat down. “Hey.” I said simply, glancing over at her.”

She grinned broadly and held out her hand. “Hey! I’m April Adams. And yes, like the month.”

I reached out to shake her hand, but ended up being pulled into a bone crushing hug. “I’m Scarlett Radkey, “ I forced out. “And I can’t breathe.”

“Oops, sorry,” she giggled, releasing her death grip on me, “I sometimes get overexcited when meeting new people. Oliver tells me to tone it down a bit, but I just can’t help it.”

“That Oliver sounds smart. Your boyfriend?”

“Nah, best friend. He’s awesome, you’ll love him. He’s walking me to my next class; you can meet him then.”

“Great.”

“So, made any new friends here? Well, excluding me, of course.”

“Oh? We’re already friends?”

“Well, of course,” she pressed, “You’re cool, I’m really c-“

“Shut up,” I said, laughing.

She shot me an innocent look that said, what?

“So, have you?”

“A group of guys gave me a ride the other day, and they go to this high school.”

“Well, name a few, and I’ll see if I know them.”

“Okay, there’s Winston, Jesse, Lance, Carson, Coo-“

She suddenly let out a loud shriek. “What?! You met them? And talked to them?” She asked, wide eyed.

“Yeah, am I not supposed to, or something?”

“No, no. It’s not that you’re not supposed to, it’s just that you can’t.”

“I’m not getting it.” I told her with a blank stare.

“Okay, okay. They are like, the hottest guys to ever walk the earth, much less the school grounds.” She sighed, “They are so dreamy.”