5

Sasuke cackled again and Naruto realized that it was the Uchiha's way of expressing his pain. The man would not cry; he knew that no one would save him. Naruto breathed in deeply through his nose and concentrated hard in feeling Sakura's chest move against his own. How he wished it had been for different reasons. How he wished his feelings were returned. But now he craved the movement because he craved for both of their lives.

"We are all going to die, aren't we Sakura-chan."

"We were already dead," Sasuke muttered.

"We're dying Naruto," Sakura murmured as she continued to flood the remainder of her chakra into Naruto's and her own nervous systems.

"This sucks," Naruto managed to chuckle before he coughed, "Teme, this is all your fault."

"You can still smile dobe?"

"I can always smile. I can smile because we were once alive. That life that we once lived..."

"That worthless life died a long time ago..."

"Is a life that will never be forgotten. You're still my brother teme, you will always be."

Sasuke cackled. His joints creaked as he lifted his head off the ground and dragged himself towards the blond boy. "You... you were never my brother."

"Amazing how you forget your life when you're dead."

Sasuke's continued to inch towards his old teammates, dragging the lower half of his body behind him. "She still loves me. The idiot loves me."

"I don't deny it."

"Pathetic."

"I don't think so."

"You love her."

"I love you, Sakura," Naruto murmured. The fingers around his wrists relaxed and the hand on his chest unclenched. He brought his free wrist to her hair and ran her pink strands between his fingers. She murmured and dug her nose deeper into his neck. "I love you Sakura. I don't care that you still love the teme, I don't care about that at all. You didn't forget when we died, we didn't forget."