Leaving It All Behind

"You are crazy, Kaitlyn! Insane!"

"Katie. My name is Katie now, not Kaitlyn."

I could feel my mother's eyes piercing into my back like hot lasers as I was packing the final bag full of my clothes and belongings into my old 1964 Ford Mustang. My dad almost had a heart attack when I came home one day in this baby blue convertible instead of the nice Porsche he wanted me to get. That was all my parents cared about- money. Not saving it of course but spending it. If it were up to them, they would buy the entire country.

"I gave birth to you and I named you. Your name is Kaitlyn Knight. You are a Knight, a child blessed into this wealthly family and look what you are doing! Just throwing your life away!" My mother was screaming loud enough for the dogs to howl. 

I slammed the trunk on my car down as hard as I could and turned to face her. "I'm eighteen years old, mom. I'm an adult, therefore I can make my own decisions now. I'm leaving and you can't tell me other wise."

Her reaction was priceless. She looked like she wanted to slap me right across the face. She would have too if my father hadn't walked out the front door and taken his place next to her, all three of us standing in the huge driveway that connected to our- well, their - very expensive mansion.

I gave my mother a look, daring her to touch me. She's slapped me before, i don't blame her though. Last time, it happened when my dad was out on a business trip and I left for a "get together" with friends and didn't come back for two days. 

"Ha!" I thought to myself. That was a fun two days, away from the Hollywood bitch- aka, my mother.

"Now, Lacey, this is Kaitlyn's choice. If she wants to leave, let her." Ugh, again with the Kaitlyn. It was so proper and annoying. 

"Thanks, dad." I said. At least he understood.

"Don't thank me dear, it's your choice to leave us. It's your choice to leave your only future, your only chance at making something out of yourself. So if you want to leave and become a nobody, then go ahead. Leave and see who cares about you then." Or...maybe he didn't understand. Thanks again, dad.

It wasn't shocking. My mom only wanted me to stay so she could show me off like a prize to her rich friends. Not being concieted but I knew I wasn't ugly and my mother knew that too. I looked nothing like her, thank God. I had golden blonde hair that reached slightly past my shoulders while she had dark brown, almost black hair that was cut and styled into a short cut- Victoria Beckham style. My eyes were a light green, her's were a dark brown. Though our body types were similar, my mother was slim with nothing in the chest area, her hips had no shape to them and her legs were stick thin. I had more of an athletic body. An average size chest and an hour-glass figure to say the least.

Everyone compared my mother and me all the time but I never saw the major resemblance and I prayed to God that I didn't end up looking like her when I was her age.

"I dont need you to make me feel guilty. I hate it here. I hate the lifestyle you put me through, I hate your damn money and I hate you!" The last statement was meant more for my mother than my dad.

My mom's dainty hands were balled up into fists, no doubt with anger. I saw my dad wrap his arm around her waist and pull her close. Both of them were just staring at me. I guess this was my cue to leave now.

I looked at my father. "Goodbye Andrew," and turning to my mother I said, "Have a nice life Lacey." Just like that my relationship with my parents was over. Terminated. 

They said nothing. They just stood there like blank statues as I turned on my heels and walked aroud my car and got into the drivers side. The only sound I could hear was the sound of my car starting. After a good minute of letting my car warm up, I pressed my foot down on the gas pedal and drove my car slowly down the long driveway, away for my old house, away from my old family and away from my old life.

I didn't dare look back in the review mirror like they did in the movies. I wanted nothing to do with what I had just left behind. That was my past and from now on my past doesnt matter, doesnt exsist. No more fancy parties. No more expensive gifts. No more Kaitlyn. Just me, Katie.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Can I see your ID, please?" The weird guy behind the counter asked me. I has been driving for a few hours now since I had made it just barely past the Arizona border. I was getting hungry so I decided to stop at some random gas station and pick up a few snacks.

"I''m buying a bag of chips and a soda." I blinked my eyes in confusion at the man. "Why do you need to see my ID?"

"Store procedure." He nodded. He was an old man, probably around sixty and his hair was slicked back with a crap load of hair gell and his fat stomach was pokng out slightly at the bottom of his dirty wife beater tank top.

"Oh really? So its store procedure to check a minor's ID when she is trying to buy simple snacks?" Okay, so I wasn't a minor. I was eighteen but i could pass for seventeen and this guy was way too creepy so I had to make any excuse to get the hell out of there. I slammed the money that paid for the food on the counter and walked out the door.

When I got to my car I hopped over the drivers door and plopped down perfectly in my seat. I set the chips and drink down and grabbed the paper map that I had sitting on the dashboard. 

I skimmed my eyes over it slowly then looked around to see if I could find what road I was on. It was a little hard to find a sign when all you had to look at was a long road that only went one way with miles and miles of dirt covering either sides of it. Here I was, parked in a little gas station, surrounded by dirt and a road with no signs. This was going to be a fun adventure.

I set the map back down on the dashboard. Looking over at the bag of chips, my stomach decided I wasn't really hungry any more and my brain told me I needed some sleep since I hadn't gotten any last night. All that late night planning for my little departure from my parents kept me up longer than I thought.

Well hell, my car was already parked in the shade so I was hidden from the sun and there weren't that many people around. Who not take a little snooze? Besides, I had a long drive ahead of me.

I pushed my seat back just a little bit and lifted my legs so they were resting on the door with my feet hanging out of the car. A small yawn escaped my lips as I closed my eyes. I snuggled my head into the head rest of the seat, perfectly comfortable in this position until a felt a light tap on my foot.

"Excuse me, Miss?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: WHAAAAT!? A new story! whoaaaaaa Micayla! haha Anyways yes this is a new story :) it is much more light and happier than With Just One Look, i promise. Hopefully this stpry will make you laugh and smile :) it IS a romance people! can i get a "woot wooooot" for loooove? so i was listening to an olllld song called Drive by Vanessa Hudgens and i got the idea for this story haha :)

Well...first chapter and its kinda a cliffy ;) who do you thin is bothering poor little Kaite when she is trying to get her rest on, huh? ;) comment your thoughts and ideas! oh and if there are mistakes pease tell me so i can fix them! thanks!

haha okay anyways...yeah. :) comment, vote and fan if you like and also if you are interested in making a trailer for this story, please PM me! <3 photo on the side is ghe beautiful Dianna Agron (aka my wiiiiife....if i went that way i would totally marry her haha) who plays Katie :)