Chapter Two

Chapter Two

                                 "These violent delights have violent ends.

                                  And in their triumph die, like fire and powder

                                  Which, as they kiss, consume."

                                   -William Shakespeare (Romeo and Juliet)

~*~

I kept my eyes directly on Seb as I took a seat on the chair. The extremely uncomfortable chair. Harry was at my side, but refused to look at me, as if he felt guilty.

Suspicious just became an understatement.

A part of me thought this was all a dream. A test to determine what afterlife I deserved, but a bigger, more stronger part of me felt that this was something dark. Something that can only lead to  terrible, unforgivable things. I would most likely be made to suffer.

And that's what I wanted. To be punished.

Things were slowly starting to work out in my head, and I haven't even heard the story yet. I realized, that I don't even care what happened to me. I don't care what kind of trouble I was being dragged through, I don't care. I've given up on life.

If I die, so be it. It’s nothing short of what I deserve. Of what should have happened in the first place.

"OK." Seb breathed, while Harry began to fidget at my side, tugging on his plain grey T-shirt. I looked down at my own clothing. The once-white shirt was now splattered in patches of dried blood and teared to shreds. The skinny jeans that I had stolen three years ago were wrecked beyond repair. Even if I'm not dead, I sure as hell look it.

 "I don't know where to start." Seb admitted, rubbing his hand along the line of his jaw.

"How about you start with, how you found me?" I started, irritated.

"Right, but calm down OK? Well, we had to step into that club because; Princess here has the bladder of a two year old-"

"Hey!" Harry defended, crossing his arms over his chest. I looked up at the tall manly build, who in fact, was sulking like a child. His full pink lips were pushed into a pout.

"It's true!" Seb retaliated.

"I am not a Princess! A king, sure, but not a Princess!" He stabbed his finger at Seb, making his point. I looked up in amazement at the two strangers in front of me. The two toughest looking men I had ever met, who in fact acted like little boys. It was amazing.

"Whatever." Seb replied, moving on. "Anyway, we were just leaving when we ... Smelled the blood. So we went round back to see what was going on, and we found you. Well we found your mangled, broken body." His voice got softer towards the end. I nodded gently, picturing it all in my head.

"What even happened? Were you attacked by a gang? Harry thought," He laughed slightly. "That you had tried to kill yourself or something." He shook his head again with an un-convinced smile on his face.

I immediately dropped my head and stared blankly at the floor.

There was a knowing gasp and I felt myself wince. Why was I embarrassed? Why did I feel so bad about him finding out? But worse than all of this, I felt even more guilty.

I felt a gentle pat on my back and I looked up at Harry.

"How did you know?" I asked in a soft voice.