Chapter 2- Finding a job

It was Merlin that awoke first. He blinked his eyes a few times as the gentle sunlight that had entered his room reached his eyes. He turned his head and saw Victoria still sleeping peacefully in his arms. He sighed happily then rested his head on her neck and spoke quietly into her ear

“Good Morning.” She stirred slightly then opened her eyes and turned to face Merlin.

“Hello.” She said softly as she smiled.

“Hello.” Echoed Merlin. “Sleep well?”

“Yes thank you.” Replied Victoria as she gave him a quick kiss on the lips. “I’m guessing we need to get up”

“Yeah. I’ve got to….” Started Merlin but suddenly his bedroom door opened Gaius walked in.

“Come on Merlin, Hurry up or else you’ll be late for Arthur.” He said. Merlin looked down to where Victoria had just been and saw… well… nothing. But he could still her breathing in his arms. This was so bizarre.

“Yes I’ll be out in a minute Gaius. I’ve just go to get dressed.”

“But you’re already dressed.” Said Gaius suspiciously as he looked at Merlin in his blue shirt and red scarf.

“Yes but I’ve got to quickly clean this.” Merlin explained quickly.

“Ok.” Said Gaius obviously satisfied as he shut the door on the way out.

Merlin sighed with relief as Gaius left and Victoria reappeared in front of him.

“That was too close.” He said. As Victoria got out of his bed, straightened her long red dress and turned it purple before reciting a cleaning smell. The scent of flowers filled Merlin’s room as Victoria finished. She sighed and put her hand on her hips as she looked around Merlin’s messy room.

“Lecredi áþierre” said Victoria. She spoke each word clearly and deliberately. As soon as the words left her mouth Merlin’s room started to clean and tidy itself. Clothes moved onto coat hangers and place themselves in the wardrobe, dirt and rubbish placed itself in the bin and items all returned themselves to their rightful places.  

“Wow.” said Merlin as he got off his bed which then made itself. “You have go tto teach me that.” He smiled then kissed Victoria once more.

“Don’t you have a job to go to?” she said once they’d finished.

“Ooops yeah!” said Merlin laughing nervously to himself.

Victoria turned herself invisible and followed Merlin as he exited his room and started to walk past Gaius and exit the physician’s room.

“Merlin.” Called Gaius. Merlin froze before relying nervously.

“Yes…” Gaius gave him an odd look before continuing.

“Did you hear about Sir Leon’s manservant.”

“No.” replied Merlin looking confused. “Why. What happened to him?”

“He died in his sleep last night. I spoke to Uther and he asked me to recommend someone. Do you know anyone who’d be suited for the job.” Merlin looked confused.

“Why are you asking me?”

“Well you know people.” Replied Gaius before going back to his breakfast. Merlin suddenly had a brainwave.

“Actually I do know one girl. She’d be perfect. Shall I go and get her?”

“Yes please do. The king wants a servant for Leon asap.” Gaius sounded relieved. “You go and get her and I’ll meet you u by the throne room.”

“Ok see you in a second.” Replied Merlin as he left the room

“But I don’t want to be a servant.” Complained Victoria.

“Come on.” Reasoned Merlin. “Leon’s alright.” Victoria frowned. “Fine do it for me then.” Said Merlin as he kissed her on the cheek.

“Fine.” Said Victoria as she smiled and walked into the throne room with Merlin at her side.

“Ah there you are.” Said Uther. Victoria suddenly froze. What if Uther had seen her face when her cloak slipped like Merlin had told her it had. “So girl would you like to become Leon’s maidservant.” Victoria was slightly taken aback with the king’s attitude but she kept her manners all the same as she was relieved that Uther hadn’t recognised her.

“Yes sire.”

“You understand the responsibility of this job. You must do whatever Sir Leon wishes.”

“Yes sire.” Repeated Victoria.

“Alright then you can start right away. Follow Sir Leon back to his room and he will let you know what needs doing.

Merlin watched and laughed silently as Victoria followed Leon out of the throne room but his delight was short lived as an angry Arthur appeared in the throne room.

“Merlin!!!” he shouted. As he stormed out he motioned for Merlin to follow him. Merlin swallowed then quickly followed the prince. God he was going to be in for it.