CHAPTER SEVEN

"Ashie! You look so cute in that dress!" Stacey squealed as I came putting on a sleeveless peach pink frock that had multi-coloured flowers printed on it and the neckline had little diamonds stitched to it that made it look like a necklace.

"You think so?" I asked her as I turned right and left seeing myself in the mirror. Stacey nodded her head.

Stacey and I were in my room getting ready for tonight's party. When I came back home after meeting Raymond, Stacey dragged me with her at Joey's place where she was having fun with him and the guys.

As for me, well, I was having fun too.

Just in my own way.

Burying my face along with my eyes and ears and everything into a book.

Yeah, doesn't sound so cool. I know.

Coming back to the present, I did look cute. All I needed was a good hairdo and a touch of makeup.

Stacey helped me getting ready and once she was done we switched places. She was wearing a thigh waist skirt with a crop top that showed her belly and a leather jacket over it that looked so cool.

We got down and saw Joey and Jim sitting in the living room.

Joey got up and came over to us once he saw us.

"Beauties!" he exclaimed before pulling Stacey in for a kiss.

I raised an eyebrow at Jim when I caught him staring at me.

He cleared his throat and spoke up, "You look gorgeous, Cupcake!"

"Thanks." I said with a small smile.

He came towards me and whispered in my ear, "Wish we could do what they're doing right now." He looked at Stacey and Joey and I followed his gaze. They were currently into each other's faces.

I scrunched up my nose and the two love birds jumped apart as soon as I cleared my throat, "Let's leave now, shall we?"

"Yup!" Stacey, Joey and Jim said in unison.

"You're coming with us?" I asked Jim in an unbelievably irritating tone.

"Yes Cupcake. Do you mind?" He smirked and went out the main door.

I threw my hands up in the air before the three of us followed him out to the garage.

The jock who was throwing the party lived in the suburbs of the city which was why it took us around fifteen minutes to get there.

The house was so full. I could see it from the outside itself that there wouldn't be even any breathing space. I wasn't a big fan of partying and only attended those of friends and families.

And now I was at my best friend's boyfriend's random friend's party.

So unlike me.

I spotted Jim standing at the entrance waving at me to get in. Stacey and Joey were already gone.

"Give me five minutes. I'll be there." I shouted at him and he nodded and went inside.

I took my phone out and scrolled through my contacts. I dialled a number and waited for him to pick up.

I didn't know what I was doing and why I was doing it.

But then again when it comes to him, did I ever understand myself and my actions?

He picked up after the fifth ring, "Hello?" he said sounding unsure.

"Ray! Where are you?" I breathed a sigh of relief.