Chapter 2: The Farthest Gate

We are at the south pole, I was standing next to Barbossa, he was steering the ship with his left arm and he had his right arm around me.

"No one said anything about cold." Pintel complained.

"There must be a good reason for our suffering." Ragetti shivered.

"Why don't that woman bring back Jack, the same way she brought back Barbossa?" Pintel asked.

Tia turned around, "Because Barbossa was only dead.  Jack Sparrow is taken, body and soul, to a place not of death, but punishment.  The worst fate a person can bring upon himself.  Stretching on forever.  That's what awaits at Davy Jones' locker."

"I knew there was good reason." Ragetti said.

On the other side of the ship Will and Tai Huang are studying the charts and Will says, "Nothing here is set.  These can't be as accurate as modern charts."

"No, but it leads to more places." Tai said.

"Over the edge, over again.  Sunrise sets, flash of green." Will brought the charts over to us, "Do you care to interpret, Captain Barbossa?"

Barbossa looked over at Gibbs, "Ever gazed upon the green flash, Master Gibbs?"

"I reckon I seen my fair share.  It happens on rare occasion.  At the last glimpse of sunset, a green flash of light shoots up into the sky.  Some go their whole lives without seeing it, some claim to have seen it that ain't.  Some say..." Gibbs started to explain.

"It signals when a soul comes back to this world, from the dead!" Pintel interrupted.

Gibbs glared at him.

"Sorry." Pintel tried to smile.

"Trust me, young Master Turner, it's not gettin' to the land of the dead that's the problem.  It's gettin' back." Barbossa turned the rudder so that we disappear into the darkness between two huge walls of ice.

We keep sailing and come to a place where the water is so smooth the stars are reflected very clearly and it looked as though we were sailing through the sky itself.

Suddenly Will yells, "Barbossa!  Ahead!"

"Aye, we're good and lost now." Barbossa nodded, looking around.

"Lost?" I echoed.

Barbossa smiled down at me, "For certain, ye have ta be lost ta find the places can't be found.  Elseways, everyone would know where it was."

"We're gaining speed!" Gibbs announced.

"Aye." Barbossa looked wild eyed.

Will called out, "To stations!  All hands, to stations!  Hard to port, gather way!"

The crew began to dash around, trying to stop the ship.

"Nay!  Belay that!  Let her runs straight and true!" Barbossa yelled.

"Blimey!" Ragetti was looking at what was ahead.

We all looked and saw a huge waterfall!

We're all gonna die!

Elizabeth yelled at Barbossa, "You've doomed us all!"

"Don't be so unkind.  Ye may not survive to pass this way again, and these be the last friendly words you'll hear." he replied, putting his hand on her cheek.

"Tie her off!" Will ordered.

"Hard to port!" Elizabeth yelled.

"Hold on!" Will called.

Barbossa laughed wildly, the ship started to go over the falls and I almost fell out but Barbossa grabbed me by the waist, I reached up and held onto the rope.  I looked into his ocean blue gaze and then everything went black.