Dinner By Witchlight

FIRST OFF!!!! This is NOT my characters, diologue or scenes!!! The novel Clockwork Angel belongs to Cassandra Clare (an amzing author). HOWEVER, I am re-writing a scene from her book (Clockwork Angel) In a different point of veiw (POV). Originaly, in the published book, she write this scene in Tessa's POV, but I am writing this in Jem's POV. So this is a fan fiction. It's my first fan fiction, so ya. Hope you enjoy my retelling of the scene when Tessa and Jem first meet. :) The categories are fan fiction and fanatsy. :) You might be also thinking if the characters, diologue or scenes, arent mine, then what is? Well it's my interprtation and discriptions on Jem's thoughts and feelings as he meets Tessa for the very first time. If you want me to write more, please let me know.

Book- Clockwork Angel

Character- Jem

Page- 173-177

Dinning by witchlight was something I had only ever done once before, it wasn't unpleasant. Jessie, however, continued to complain about how it made her complexion look green. She must have been imagining it though, because no one else could see any greenness to her skin. Witchlight wasn't new to anyone, except Tessa.

Tessa, sitting at my right was buttering her bread in deep thought. Thankfully, she was oblivious to my stare. I wondered how long she would stay in the institute with us, was she happy here? Did she miss her brother?

Suddenly I realized Charlotte and Henry were discussing what they had learnt from Mortmain. It was a topic of great interest to me, especially the artifacts contained in his house. They had been brought from all across the world, it was fascinating. I tried to join in the conversation as much as I could, but Jessie and Will were having yet another argument, making it difficult to concentrate.

"He had that manner about him, as if he were used to being listened to. Men like that are often easy marks for those who want to draw them into the Shadow World. They are used to having power and expect to be able to get more power easily and with little cost to themselves. They have no idea how high the price for power in Downworld is." Charlotte turned to Jessie and Will, who were still arguing about some silly problem. "What is the matter with you two?"

I zoned out, uninterested in their quarrel. Slowly I turned to look at Tessa again, surprisingly she too was looking at me. "Shanghai," she whispered. "It sounds so fascinating. I wish I could travel there. I've always wanted to travel."

I smiled at her, grateful that I wasn't the only one who had been caught staring. "And now you have. You're here, aren't you?"

"I've only ever traveled before in books. I know that sounds silly, but-" She was interrupted by Jessie who decided to slam her fork onto the table, creating a rather loud sound. I wanted to talk more about books to Tessa, to tell her that it wasn't silly at all. She seemed so passionate about books, and I wanted to know more about her. Tessa seemed to have forgotten what she was saying, now focused on the little spat between Jessie and Will.

"And if that isn't proof that those two colors should never be seen together under Heaven, I don't know what is." Stated Will.

"Will," Charlotte scolded, "Don't speak to Henry like that. Henry-"

"Yes?" He replied, raising his head.

"That's Jessamine's plate you're spooning peas onto, not yours. Do pay attention, darling." Charlotte sighed in frustration.

At that very moment, Sophie came bursting into the room. Her scar gleamed against her silver skin from the witchlight. There was no doubt that Sophie was a beautiful woman, but I found myself comparing her to Tessa. They were both extraordinary in their own ways. I watched as Charlotte and Sophie both left the room. I couldn't help glancing again at Tessa and hoping she hadn't seen me staring yet again.

"That clockwork object you wear around your neck-might I see it for a moment?" Henry asked Tessa. She hesitated before passing it to Henry.