His Dirty Little Secret

*Flashback-Beginning of the Year-

    "It is my senior year. The last year of my high school career and there are still many things I haven't even thought of yet, like college for instance, ugh the word just cripples my dreams..I wanted to be something bigger than my parents, who were the prestigious and snobby Ravenwoods'. They were dripping with money, and I want nothing to do with it. I want to make my own, while their money is old money, as in inherited. Well, I guess my father runs the family business handed down from generations before. Other than that they live the life, and I'm dragged with them.

    It would be different if they were kind and generous people, you know, the kind who donated to charity. They probably don't even know the definition of the word. My father isn't so bad I would venture to say, but my mother has definitely tainted him with her greedy ways. They married for money and power, well, at least she did. I would actually go far enough to say that he loves her. Now here comes the issues I have developed from the 'neglect and greed', I don't have any, whatsoever. I don't care that they are gone nine times out of ten for business, that just means I get the...mansion..to myself. I get to go to my room and read as many books as I can before my mom stomps into it and starts criticizing me.

     Haha, well I guess I kinda lied to you about having issues because of my parents, cause I definitely do. This essay isn't easy to write ya know. Life story essays' kick my ass. Anyways my mom hates everything I do because I am nothing like her, that should sum it up, so therefore I do everything I can to rebel against her. Cliché cliché. I gotcha, how everyone's family is right? Probably..I don't know. I only have a couple friends and one best friend named Farrah. I don't need much anyways. I don't even want all that money..I don't even know what I want. I just know I am going to fail this essay, but I have absolutely..." 

     My God...re-reading this essay is killing my buzz. It is so bad my grandma would be ashamed of me. I have difficulty writing about my life because all I do is ramble...and I was definitely rambling. It was the last period of the day and I was in English AP with Mr. Fairbairn. I think his first name might be Ian..anyways he is from Scotland and new this year. I heard about him before the year even started and we are in the second week of it. All the girls love him and I can see why, but it doesn't mean I would get mixed up in all of that. Maybe if I tack on one of my poems to this essay it will boost my grade...

      "Will someone get Miss Ravenwoods attention before I smack my head against the wall?" My name jolted me out of my incessant rambling and I looked around taking in the whole class watching along with Mr. Fairbairn. The...what would we call them? Plastics? Yes...the plastics in the class giggled and fawned over his accent and the boys snickered. Great, attention on me. Beside me Farrah nudged me in the ribs as if I never came to attention.

       "Ow, I'm already paying attention." I quietly shot at her and she smirked.

       "I guess I will have to see you after class as well Miss Stephenson." He added. What?

       "What? Why do we have to stay after class? Or more importantly why do I?" She asked shocked.

       "Hey! We are in this together!" I smacked her arm. Gee, what  a best friend.

       "Mira is right Miss Stephenson, you helped her sidetrack the whole class from their essays. What a team." The whole class sat up at the sound of him not using my surname. He only ever addressed people by their last name. I must say though, it sounded very good rolling off his tongue...wait, what the heck? I am  certainly no plastic so I can't be having those thoughts! Snap out of it Mira..

       "Miss Ravenwoods, again?" His aggravated voice snapped me out of it again, jeez I need to get checked for ADD.

       "Sorry." Slight disappointment ran through me when he used my surname once again.