The First Kill

Her silent shriek, bleeding with passion stole the silence from the clutches of the evening melody. Had it been a nightmare? This was only the most likely probability. How I yearned to cradle her into my arms, and assure her of its individual insignificance. “It was only a dream,” my whisper would sound. “You’ve nothing to fear.” It was merely of my personal knowledge that this was the truth, the sole reality. Harm would fail in brushing against her blood. Of this, I was absolutely positive. Perhaps it had been a fleeting moment, a comprehension that deserved less, yet it was mine.

Shivers overtook her doll-like figure, trembling from an unidentified source. Whatever it was, I’d gladly shred it to figments of her imagination. Deserving of life or not. My unseen stance existed several yards from her window, allowing me access to the direct view of her room. I’d discovered such a place perhaps one, or two months post my recognition. I seldom abandoned my ground, which was tucked skillfully beneath the branches of a heavily leaved pine, that should have been at least ten meters into the atmosphere. It stabbed the cool breeze in such a method that served as perfection for someone, myself, to hide away in the duration of a frigid night.

As I kept wept, a swift entity of thought carried itself into my focus. A news channel, broadcasting from New York, perhaps channel four or seven, had displayed a massive murder spree someplace nearby the humble community of Merit. My original comprehension: How dare you- this is my territory!

Yet, my prominent comprehension: Lay so much as a measly finger on my dear Petra and I won’t hesitate to slaughter whoever, whatever you may hold existence as.

Worry did indeed sweep itself over my features. In finality, the decision had been put into effect. I’d keep precise observation over Petra at all hours, wherever she graced with her presence. And so, the most difficult portion of my attention would focus on a dreadful task in itself, an action I had feared performing for the last several years.

Meeting Petra.

The mindset held curious of her pure reaction to my appearance. How would I seem to her, a sweet child, so naïve of my true purpose? Seemly, I suppose it would appear that I would be quite flawless- a technical design in the Susceptor type. Such a design was intended solely for a single idea- to murder. It was the basic law of creation, the predator must attract the unsuspecting prey, the vulnerable kill. My looks, deadly yet enticing, were merely a routine thing. Nothing out of the ordinary. Still, as luck would have it, would she find my aura to be much too desperate, much too secretive to handle? Would it be evident for her to dwindle into my eyes, and harbor a fear so solemn that it seemed unreal?

I nearly scoffed, however, when I came to recognition on my previous inner words. Such was a human belief and strictly a human emotion- weak and at unease at any hour one would see fit. It was truly laughable, as humanity often is, that such an advanced brain as mine could possibly conjure up the illusion that such a futile emotion ever have existed. A purely blank note on my own mental agenda, a cascading failure that was neatly obliterated when the time saw fit to do so. It was a joke, a teasing wit to add to the previous.

Of course, a human wouldn’t have such infinite knowledge. A human would stumble pointlessly among the subject for several moments before receding to the previous topic. A human being would not hold the superior attention span that would be a requirement for true comprehension. Such is a reason why a human being was indeed an evident inferiority in comparison to a Susceptor. Their callowness was impressive to say the least that is if the goodness in the world suddenly would drop and become one with darkness. A complete impossibility- a fraud to nature- an unacceptable opinion.

My laughter hung in the moist, evening air for several more moments before fading and collapsing into oblivion. If I were to make such a stratagem function properly, it would certainly be necessary for me to hold existent some human background knowledge, and perhaps dialogue patterns. Effortless, I’d already memorized their tongue and learned to converse with it in order for the purpose of murder. Secondarily- appearance wise it would be quite beneficial to dress like such a creature to disguise the fact that I was indeed not a member of their futile species.