Fruits Basket Fan Fiction: Yuki's Declaration of Love

Yuki's P.O.V

"Miss Honda?Would you like to take a walk to the garden with me?"

":Umm sure Yuki!"

We walked side by side as we headed in the direction of the garden which lay in the forest adjacent to our home.We walked in silence.Then she started to giggle uncontrollably.I smiled inwardly,savouring every moment I got to hear that tinkling laugh that could make the gloomiest day seem a million ties brighter.

"What's so funny Tohru?" I said,a smile wide on my face.

"Oh!I'm so sorry,I didn't realise I was laughing out loud.I was just remembering something funny my mom once told me."

"No need to apologize.I'm happy to see you smiling because of your mom and not crying."

She turned that dazzling smile on me.The whole world just stopped moving and all I could see was her.My eyes were unable to look away,but then she did.

"Hey Yuki?"

"Yes?"

"You called me Tohru just now,and I was..I was just...everyone else calls me Tohru but you almost never do,and I was just wondering why that is."

"I..."

Because Tohru,you're the most important thing in this world to me.I love you, and saying your name reminds me constantly that you're not mine.That you might never be.That you might not even love me.Might not ever want me.Calling you miss Honda depersonalises this relationship and makes the pain so much easier to bear.

"I don't know."

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"Shigure,have you seen Miss Honda?"

"I haven't.She and Kyo went for a walk to visit her grandfather.They should've been back by now.I sure hope nothing has happened to them."

"Nothing has...I would've felt it."

"Felt it?"

Shigure cocked his head to a side,then ot up slowly.He was sitting at the table in the dinning room and as he left the room,he said,

"We'll speak later Yuki.She'll be here in about 30 seconds.Goodnight."

As he was speaking,I heard foot steps and voices outside.

"Would you hurry up?You're dead on your feet and I'd rather not have to carry you upstairs!"

"I'm so srry Kyo.Don't be mad.I'm just so tired.i'll hurry right away."

"Stop apologizing and just do it!"

I shook my head.Kyo was always so rough with her.Why does she even like him?Why can't she see we'd be good together?She's perfect for me,and I her. I know she can love me.I feel it.I just have to find a way to make her realise it.