The Final Prayer

"December 21st, 10:00 PM; everything ended for me. My happiness was taken, my life got ruined. I don't blame You, nor that person, or anyone else. In fact, I took all the guilt to myself. I've never asked for anything grand in my whole life, but this time, just this once, can I be a little selfish? I know that what I'm about to say may sound dumb, but I beg of You, please God, just this one time, hear my prayer."

FIRST

As I opened my eyes, I found myself in a dark place. The area was engulfed in complete darkness. I immediately stood my ground and started to run, scream - NOTHING. Not even my echo can be heard. The silence was deafening.

Where am I? Can somebody please, help me!

"Good morning, darling!"

A voice awakened me. It sounded so sweet. I rubbed my eyes and slowly opened them.

"Mom?"

"Were you expecting someone else?" She sighed. "Rise and shine now. You don't want to be late on your first day of school."

School!

I quickly jumped out from bed. How can I forget about school? I've been looking forward on seeing my friends again.

After half an hour, I kissed my mom goodbye then made my way out of the house.

I ran while admiring the view. There's a vague feeling in my heart that tells me I haven't seen it in a long time. Spring has come. Obviously, I can see the cherry blossoms again.

Upon reaching the second street where the bus stops, I took a turn, saw the tree, then I saw a boy. He had the same uniform as me. A schoolmate? I stopped when our distance is no less than one meter.

"Hello!" I spoke.

He turned his attention to me and everything about him became much clearer.

He was tall. He had black hair with brown highlights and round, brownish eyes. He had this cool and yet, very gentle image. His nose was perfect. And with those kissable lips, who could possibly resist them? But that was not the only thing I noticed. There's something about this guy that made my heart ache. He was very familiar. I know this person and yet, I can't seem to remember him. I don't know why my memory is very fuzzy.

Trying hard to think for the answer, he suddenly whispered, "Stef?"

I froze. He knows me! And I'm sure, I know him too.

He called me once again, "Stef? That's you, right?"

He looked surprise. But more than that, he looked more alive.

"Seriously Ivan, have you forgotten me?" I rolled my eyes.

I don't know, but it kind of irritated me like it was as if it had been decades since he last saw me. We just parted yesterday. And yet, why couldn't I remember him just a few minutes ago?

He smiled. Hearing me say his name must have been very precious to him since he hugged me immediately without even thinking how strange it was.

"Yup, it's me." He said.

"Um, I know. I've known you ever since I was a kid and then you're telling me that? Seriously Ivan, you're weird." I laughed.

He gave me an innocent look then said, "You're right."

I was about to answer when out of the blue, he uttered, "Uh, we're late for school."

We exchanged looks then started running like two kids.