Ch 4: the war ends with me

After my selection, I went through years of training.
I was so much stronger, so much faster, yet so much more and elegant. My once awkwardly proportioned featured were now perfectly formed and elegantly, like a delicate doll of the purest porcelain. But I am now officially anything but delicate.
My crystalline azure eyes, equipped with elegantly long eyelashes that flutter gently as I bat my eye, the thick brown hair, the soft cherry lips, I could easily be a model.
But enough on my vanity, beauty won't get me far unless I can carry myself well.
I had been trained relentlessly, I was now the perfect infiltration machine.
My first mission was to infiltrate the local Daemonia settlement and gather intelligence. Luckily, the other races aren't barbaric enough to slaughter a single helpless 17 year old for entering their settlement, and if I counter it with a good reason, they won't bat an eye.
For the most part, the war is between the other races, with humans caught in the middle, so the races are pretty passive towards humans, but some terror organisations of those races are more than happy to kill humans in cold blood.
I was assigned to a local Daemonia settlement known as Paneton, as scared as I was, it was now my job.
I remember the boy I met 2 years ago, I wonder if he remembers me? I doubt it, but it's not like I will know unless I meet him. I wonder how he has changed, is he taller? Heavier? Stronger? Like I said; who knows?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I left Guardiana with nothing but a knife, the clothes on my back, and the will to end this war. I refused to cut my hair short before I left, it was all that was left of the Elysia that existed before I was selected, and it's a minor comfort that I still hold dear to my heart.
The outside is exactly as I remember it, at anything, it seems so much less scary.
I walked towards Paneton, I've never been to another settlement, half of me is terrified, but the other is ecstatic.
Eventually, I got to the huge walls of the city, the gates were tall, black, sharp. I remember reading about the design styles of each of the races, and apparently the Daemonia took inspiration from an ancient style called 'gothic', as beautiful and elegant the spires of the walls were, they were intimidating.
I untied my hair and shook my head, loosening it From the hold of the ribbon. I walked up to the gate, towards the huge guards, each wearing black armour, their claws unsheathed.
"Excuse me, I was wondering if I could enter... I got lost and I need somewhere to stay the night..." I blushed and played with the edge of my shirt, trying to play the innocent act.
"Well... I guess letting 1 human in wouldn't be that big of a deal... You armed?" The guard looked down at me, his piercing Amber eyes glowing through his armour.
"N-no sir... I got mugged and lost it..."
"Alright then, open the gates!" He shouted to the guards in the towers, and they slowly opened the gates.
"Thank you sir, you're too kind." I smiled and bowed to him, making him visibly blush through the chain mail over his face.
I walked through the gate, into the city.