Chapter 1

^^Olivia^^

***Eve POV***

A knock sounded at the front door of the house. For a split second my heart jumped in panic. Calm down Eve. He isn't out yet. There is no way that he has gotten out.

Taking a deep breath I walked over to the front door and sighed in relief when I seen Justin's face through the peep hole. Justin was my next door neighbor in the suburban community. With his great humor and outgoing personality we quickly became great friends in the short time I was here in Salem, NY.

Smiling I opened the door. "Hey you!" Justin drawled out as he hugged me. "I just wanted to come and check in on you." He finished smiling. I never went into detail of my past with Justin. But I did tell him that my baby's father was not in our lives due to his life style.

Ever since Justin found out that I was pregnant upon moving out here and meeting him, he made it a habit to check on me just about every evening. Even though I knew poor Justin was no match against the people in the life I ran away from, it still made me feel a little safe that someone had me in mind.

I waved him inside. "Thank you Justin, I made some cookies earlier to take the veterinarian clinic tomorrow but I have made more then what I actually needed. You are more than welcome to the extras." I said with a smile.

"Damn girl you know me well. What I wouldn't give to have those cookies of yours." He flirted looking me over with his grey eyes. Smacking him in the shoulder I just rolled my eyes. Justin was such a flirt but he was also very kind hearted and didn't mean half of what came out of his mouth.

I quickly packaged up his cookies. "Sorry about my appearance, I was just heading to bed. My little munchkin is already asleep so I need to take advantage of that." I said with a little laugh.

He just chuckled "I'm not complaining love." He said eying me up and down. I sucked my teeth and stamped my foot "You are such a whore." I teased rolling my eyes.

"But seriously, Eve everything is good over here? I am only asking because I haven't been seeing much of you." Justin said throwing his hands up in innocence at the scowl I was making.

I nodded and sat at the kitchen island as I rested my chin on my hand looking over at him. "I decided to take on some more over time at the animal clinic. I could use the extra cash." I explained smiling weakly.

"You know I am here if you need me for anything right?" Justin asked with a soft expression. I nodded suddenly feeling a little emotional. He stepped forward and wrapped me into his big arms. "Don't kill yourself trying to be superwoman okay?" He whispered.

Nodding my head I returned his hug. "I am fine Justin." I said. He lifted a hand to caress my cheek. "Okay." He said in a husky voice. At the sudden lust filled tone of his voice, I looked up in shock.

Justin stood next to my bar stool at his full height of 6'1. His sandy blonde hair was cut short and jelled into a sexy spiky hair style. Justin was adorable in a boy next store kind of way.

He suddenly cleared his throat and stepped back "I will be by tomorrow to take my two favorite ladies out to dinner. No if ands or buts!" Justin said in a mock British accent wiggling his brows.

I threw my head back and laughed. "You got it!" I said deciding in that moment that I needed to get out more and it would be nice to hang out with Justin and catch up with him and bring Olivia along.