Chapter 1.

"Are you alright?" Niamh asked me for the eightieth time.

"I'm fine, I'm sad and it's difficult to come to terms with but being depressed and throwing myself a pity party is not what Mum would have wanted, for me or you. She loved us and she would ant us to be happy, not wallowing in grief and despair." That was my reply, a little extensive to a question that most people would only say "fine" to.

Which is what I had said to all of the previous time she had asked. But I had come to realise hat she wasn't really asking if I was alright, but why I wasn't sobbing my heart out. In truth that's what I spent the first three day's after her death doing. But that was before I realised that my mother would have hated seeing me so alienated from the rest of the world.

I had two weeks to come to term's with my mother's death before I arrived here, what with all the legal stuff and getting my mother's estate in order, and making sure that my sister was a suitable guardian for me. After that came the journey, from Ireland, where I have lived my whole life. To the small town of Ashford in California, America. 

So let me give you the "low down" as Niamh called it as she told me all this on the way back from the airport. Ashford is an all Werewolf town. It's quite a big pack, but after awhile you come too know who everybody is. They do have a "pack house" but only the Alpha family and the Council live there. The Alpha family consists of:

Alpha Dave. He's 41, and has been Alpha since he was 21. He met his mate Allison when he was 19.

Luna Ellie. She's 40, and has been Luna since she was 20. She met her mate Dave when she was 18. 

Elliot. He's about to turn 18, and is a senior in high school, he is captain of the football team and runs track. He is senior class president and will become Alpha when he is 21. He has not found his mate yet.

The Council are the oldest most trusted Werewolves from the pack. The do not have as much power as the alpha, but the alpha must talk with the council before making any big decisions for the pack. They have a town meeting once a month and almost everybody attends, if people have any problems then they can tell the council so that they can help. 

As Scotty is the Beta, they, now we I suppose. Live in a large house in the grounds. I have the attic as my bedroom. The walls are painted the palest pink imaginable, with solid oak flooring.I have a bathroom with a bath and walking shower, as well as obviously a toilette and sink. I also have a walk in closet. I have a balcony, with a great view of the woods surrounding the town.                  *A/N: The house is on the side*

Once I'm settled in I brush my teeth and go straight to bed, too tired to do anything else. I don't wake up again until 11:30 the next day. I stretch out, before getting up and getting a shower. When I'm all done washing and moisturising and stuff, I get dressed in some denim short shorts a loose grey crop top and some black converse. I put on some liquid eye liner, mascara and some chap stick. I side on a necklace, some gold studs to mach my nose ring and a lot of bracelets. I then head down stairs to fined everybody else. I make it down stairs and find the kitchen with just Niamh in. 

"Hey sis, is there any coffee going?" I ask, desperate for my caffeine fix.

"Sure, sit down and I'll get you a cup." She say's getting up from her seat with a smile.

"How do ya like it?" she asks.

"Black no sugar, please" Yer, I drink my coffee a little weird. So what? She walks over sits down and hands me her coffee.

"So, the alpha's having a party tonight for Elliot's birthday and we need to go shopping to buy you some stuff for your room any way, so we can get dresses while we're their. We should probably get you some stuff for school too." Yay! A party! I love party's. But this means that I'm going to meet the rest of the pack, which is kinda scary.

"Okay, what time are we leaving?" 

"As soon as your ready. What do ya want for breakfast?"

"I'll just have an apple."So I grab a green apple and we head out. 

After 2 hours at the mall, just looking at stuff for my room, we've ordered a new bed, a flat screen TV, a desk and cream floral armchair type thing. So now that we've finished with the domestic stuff, we go and grab lunch at this little dinner in the mall. After we go clothes shopping.

I swear that their wasn't a shop that we hadn't visited by the end of the day. We bought: 8 Tshirts in various colours, a couple band shirts, 4 crop tops, 2 plaid shirts, 3 pairs of short shorts, 4 pairs of skinny jeans, 5 skirts, 4 pairs of trousers, 6 dresses, 3 bikini's, some pajama's, some new lingerie, lot's of shoe's and bag's and make-up and jewellery. By the time we get back we're cutting it pretty close so we both rush of to have showers, after I put on a white lacy strapless bra and matching thong. I hear a knock at the door and call for them too come in. Niamh's already ready but she insist's that she do my hair and make-up. She curls my hair with a side parting and does a fringe braid. She then does a gold smokey-eye with a nude lip. I then slide into my dress, it's white and strapless, it clings to me until it comes to my waist where it poofs out. It has a line of white lace at the top of the dress and at the bottom. The dress fall's to my upper thigh. I pull on a pair of gold platform high-heels. I add some small gold hoop's in all 7 of my earpeircing's and a gold stud in my nose, I pull on my small gold locket and do a spin for Niamh.

"Stunning babe. Now come on!" And with that we head over to the party, Scotty's already there so we just walk over. We pause before the entrance to the ballroom, waiting to be announced. When I hear my name I step forward. Completely unaware for what the party would bring.

*A/N: Do you like it? Do you not? Comment please! Constructive criticism welcome!*