Chapter Four

"Nicole?" The question was directed more towards his confusion then the girl in front of him.

" What is going on?" He began questioning. "Why do you know about these people and the weird things they can do? And why can you do it too?"

The awe in Nicole's eyes was evident. She opened her mouth to speak but shut it abrupt. Tristan was not giving her time to answer.

The confusion in Tristan's mind broke the invisible bridge between his mouth and his brain and everything was flowing out. " You can't be a part of this, whatever this is? I've known you for almost two years?" Tristan's questions kept flowing and would have continued if Nicole hadn't stopped them.

"Tristan please!" she almost yelled. "I'll answer your previous questions but that's it for right now we don't have time for anything more." she cleared her throat and continued. " The 'weird' things I'm able to do is called magic which you ,being a magician, should be able to understand. And about you knowing me. ....let's just say I know a lot more about you than you do about me. A lot more." she carried on answering a select few of his many questions.

As Tristan stared at the girl she started to feel more and more unfamiliar. To his eyes she was no foreigner, for her facade was exactly the same. But to his heart and mind, she was almost alien.

Nicole walked up and grabbed hold of his arm. It was a gently reassuring touch. "You may not know me as well as you thought. But the fact that you can trust me didn't change."

Tristan was confused he didn't know what to believe anymore. "Well the fact that you've been lying to me for almost two years kinda kills the trust thing." he returned tho no venom was in his voice. He couldn't be mean. Not to her.

She sighed a little before responding. "Well so has your parents and you don't seem angry at them, so please just forgive me." She stared at Tristan with her beautiful eyes and smiled. "Maybe if you forgive me we could continue what we started at the Talent Show." She loved how he looked at her as if he'd do anything for her. She knew he couldn't resist her.

Damn it. I can't resist her. He instantly forgave her and got a little excited by the thought of continuing the Talent Show situation. He realized he had a goofy smile on and dissolved it. Instantly feelings of embaressment rushed blood to his face. When she locked their hands Tristan lost control. He felt brave considering all that had happened that day. Using his new found sense of bravery he wrapped his arms around her thin waist and leaned in for a kiss. His lips were drawn to hers, completely out of his control.

Their lips were mere centemeters from touching when their second chance was interrupted by a voice from behind them. "There it is! The Dimensional Gate.". Tristan turned to see Detective Hobbs standing in the doorway with his gun pointing towards them. He could feel Nicole tense a little and start to pull away but he held her firmly. "We could just ignore him and continue." he offered with a warming smile.

A low giggling sound came from deep in Nicole's gut. "You want us to ignore the gun that's aimed at us and the mad man holding it?' she said putting emphasis on the word gun. Tristan realized how silly it must have sounded and resided letting her go.

She moved in front of Tristan in a very protective way that made him slightly agitated. Is she trying to protect me? I'm supposed to protect her. He didn't like the thought of being saved by a girl or the thought of Nicole in danger. No matter how new this Nicole was to him.

He began to step forward and hit his nose on something hard. Something hard and Invisible. He was stunned that there was an invisible wall between them. He knew she must have put it up in front of them, probably a move to protect him.